“Good sushi”

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #715 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Kabuki is generally the busiest spot in Howard Hughes. I ate there several times, both on table and bar and I always had good impression.

Their sushi is good enough for a chain. I especially like speacialty rolls. Their lunch menus are also good and affordable.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently ate at the Kabuki Restaurant at the Howard Hughes Center and enjoyed some of the items we ordered. However some of the rolls were heavy with cream and were pretty rich to our taste buds. Not the sort of traditional Japanese that we are used to.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Took a ladyfriend to dinner before the movie and we shared the Hawaiian Roll and the Chicken Teriyaki and Shrimp Tempura. It was delicious. A bit pricey, but worth it.
The waitress was very nice, bringing us both bowls of Miso soup. Busy place, but not noisy.
Had a great time, and made it to the movie with a few minutes to spare.
Go, and enjoy.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fresh and good tasting food. I am very picky when it comes to food, so it takes a lot to impress me, and kabuki did more than that. The service was timely and the staff polite. We ordered the dreamboat which came with tempura, teriyaki, and sushi, awesome food. My girlfriend and I were unable to finish it, so I advise you come with an empty stomach or ease on the starters. Great food at an affordable price.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have been here three times, always when we go out of the movies on tuesdays. When we arrive, they have happy hour, so they offer drinks and some dishes for a very interesting price.

We are always at the sushi bar, so we don't know restaurant service. Sushi bar waiters are very pleasant and some of them already know us and are worried about if we are comfortable or not.

Rolls are excellent, I specially recommend Alaskan Roll, although Vegas one is my second option, also very good.

If you grab the happy hour, rolls are below 9$, and moreover, Shaporo draft beer costs 2$, so you can have a good dinner with your partner for less than 30$.

The worst part is that sometimes is crowded and probably you have to wait to be seated, and also the local is not very nice. Anyway, not bad, neither.