“Tuscan comfort food”

Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Tuscan comfort food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good food in relaxed atmosphere. Restaurant moved from prior location across the street, and this location is much better. Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2012

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“vangole is good, so is the salmon”
Reviewed December 15, 2007

vangole is good, so is the salmon

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
los angeles
“pazza and salad at Rosti"s Montana Ave.”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Sat. night my wife & I were in mood for a green salad and pizza .Nothing complicated. Drove over to Rostis. Salad was incredibly oily. We wiped off oil with napkins. The pizza after a couple of minutes was soft, bready and tasteless. Looking around we realized the cooks looked unsupervised and same for wait staff. The place was unkempt. Food in steam display looked oily,overcooked and unappetizing. "Tuscan " food advertised was meaningless. Incidentally,the place was almost empty so the Brentwood crowd already knew the story. Never again!

los angeles
“Very Mediocre Italian Food”
Reviewed June 1, 2007

I was looking for a simple take-out Italian food restaurant and decided to order from Rosti's. There is one in Beverly Hills that is supposed to be pretty good so I thought the one in Van Nuys would work out fine. I was able to pre-order everything over the phone and the food was ready when I got there. I noted that when I got there, there were only a handful of patrons and two staff people helping me ring up my purchase. I asked them to review my order and if everything was in in my take out bags. It seemed like it was okay but then I realized when I got home that they forgot to include the pizza. In short, I was a little annoyed when we called the manager and she offered store credit for the future (as if I wanted to go there again!) and at first they said they were going to deliver the pizza to my house, but 30 minutes passed and nothing. Then when I called back the manager said the driver wasn't going to be back anytime soon and asked what we would like to do?? The food that was correctly placed in my takeout bag was spaghetti and meatballs, penne
d'arribiata, the roasted chicken with two sides and a salad. It was not very good for 75 bucks for three dishes, a salad, and two of their desserts at 5.99 each; the pasta was chewy and cold, spaghetti very plain, meatballs were full of chunks of fat and cold, and chicken was ok and a bit dry. The quality of a restaurant's food really shows through when you can't even cook basic spaghetti well. The roasted potatoes seemed like they had been overcooked and sat around for three days; they were chewy and burnt and hurt to swallow.
I think my guests ate the food because they appreciated me buying it but they probably didn't like it much because there was a TON of food
leftover between four people. We all agreed that we wouldn't go there
to have dinner. any time soon I wouldn't waste my money on this food,
you could pick up some dried pasta and better with jar of Ragu. Hopefully you will find this information helpful. Perhaps I just went
on an off day.