“Great Everything”

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Description: Founded in 1967, Brent's Deli (with locations in Northridge and Westlake Village) has been the ZAGAT-rated # 1 Delicatessen & Restaurant for 17 years. Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California (literally) and catering for 20 or 2,000.
Birch Bay,WA
“Great Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went there with the family for dinner because the wife wanted some Jewish rye bread. The wait staff is very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu which has something for everyone. The wife decided on the cabbage roll dinner which came with two cabbage rolls. All I can say is OMG, those things were huge! She managed to eat half of one and the rest came home. I had a Ruben sandwich with fries and it was huge also so half of it came home. All portions are huge and believe it or not, very tasty. The place is busy but you are not rushed and plan to go on the off hours or you will have a wait. When we left, there were people sitting outside waiting.

Overall, excellent service for a deli and food to match.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Granada Hills, California
“Best Deli in the San Fernando Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Every time I go to Brent's I order the pastrami with chopped liver. As a matter of fact, every so often I think about it and need a "fix." The pastrami is excellent as is the chopped liver and I love the combination. I always ask for the newer pickles and our server is always happy to accommodate. The wait staff, although very busy, is very competent and helpful. Parking during the busy lunch hour is a challenge so I try to go later in the day. I'm retired but when I was working I always recommended Brent's and delivery was always prompt and efficient, I highly recommend it for office lunches as well.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Luvsailing
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am glad I found this Gem! I ordered a half Ruben and bowl of New England chowder, along with fries and pickles, and I was stuffed! The pastrami was excellent and not greasy, the rye bread along with everything else on the sandwich was excellent. The Chowder was hearty and tasted fresh. Seating is plentiful and parking is as well. The menu is large and the prices are very reasonable......and the million dollar prize was the pickles....they were very good.

• Visited March 2014
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli. I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to our Northridge location.

Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, where we post all of our updates, events and promotions.

Thanks again, and take care!

The Woodlands, Texas
“Extraordinarily Yummy Jewish Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hubby and I dined with my aunt for one last lunch at Brent’s, the amazing Jewish deli in Northridge, before leaving town. Crisp pickles on the table and fresh warm rye bread to start your meal. I’m a fan of pea soup and Brent’s makes a phenomenal bowl, full of perfect chunks of carrots, slivers of onion and tender pulled pork all suspended in smooth creamy peas. Tastes like it should cure all your ails. When they say “visualize whirled peas” my thoughts go directly to Brent’s pea soup.

Their brownies are so moist and chocolaty they are hard to resist. Our waitress asked if we wanted male or female. It took me a few seconds to understand, then chose no nuts. Located in a strip mall, don't let the looks keep you from entering. This is one hole in the wall restaurant you should not miss when passing through the Canoga Park/Northridge area.

2 Thank Rebekajean
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli. I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the amazing review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our Split Pea Soup :)

Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, where we post all of our updates, events and promotions!

Safe travels,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, but NYC and Vegas are better ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is out of the way and kinda shady, but the service was good. Food was good although NYC Katz deli and even Vegas in the mirage are better!

jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli. I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

We appreciate your time in writing a review. If you could provide us more details about your visit, we'd love to hear about it via our website. We pride ourselves on using customer feedback to consistently improve the Brent's Deli experience.

Thanks, and take care!