“You Will Never Forget Your Visit”

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Description: Founded in 1967, Brent's Deli (with locations in Northridge and Westlake Village) has been the ZAGAT-rated # 1 Delicatessen & Restaurant for 17 years. Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California (literally) and catering for 20 or 2,000.
jinglekitty
“You Will Never Forget Your Visit”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The best deli I have ever eaten in. You can't eat it all. The portions are huge, the food is fresh and the service is excellent.

No matter what you order, you will remember this meal forever. Sandwiches are huge, salads are huge and everything is fresh.

This is a must visit.

• Visited October 2013
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi, my name is Josh -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager at Brent's Deli.

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear you experienced our high expectations for providing great food and great service!

Feel free to connect with us on Facebook or via email by visiting our website.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“The best food and service!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Brent's deli has excellent service and food. We were all seated quickly and the waitress was very friendly. The food was lovely and brought out very quickly too. We also went on a Sunday and the queues were out of the door! Everyone was called and seated without a long wait. I love that what ever you order has many different alternatives and whatever you don't want with your dish you are offered an alternative.

Brent's Deli also sells gorgeous cakes, biscuits, bread etc, we have been many times and will definitely be returning.

• Visited November 2013
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visits to our Northridge location :)

Feel free to connect with us on Facebook for exclusive updates and promotions!

Palo Alto, California
“Fill your dreams of great Jewish foods!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I used to only go to Cantors when visiting the LA area but recently, my cousin told me about Brent's and I have a new favorite. It's actually located in Northridge but has a few other sites. The restaurant is in a little strip mall and you think you should lower your expectations when you see it but as soon as you enter, you think you are in the best deli in NY! The blintzes are to die for and the pastrami and corned beef sandwiches are excellent and delicious. Also loved the pickles and the pickled tomatoes. It's always a highlight when I visit my family in the LA valley!

• Visited September 2013
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Marcia,

It's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear you discovered us, and that you enjoy our blintzes, pastrami and corned beef sandwiches!

In the event you're interested, we offer nationwide shipping for nearly all of our deli items. Feel free to contact us via our website for more info.

Thousand Oaks, California
“a Delightful Deli....”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a very good olde fashioned Jewish Delicatessen in Northridge. It's just about a mile or so off the 118 get off at Tampa, if you're passing through the San Fernando Valley. It has a really big menu with full on dinners as well as the normal deli basics. We usually stick to the sandwiches. A regular Corned Beef or Pastrami comes in at about $12.99......just a large stack of good meat on double baked rye....enough for two normal adults. I wanted a combo of Corned Beef & Pastrami so I got the Combo. It was a huge double decker Pastrami on top, a piece of bread and the Corned Beef on the bottom...$14.95. It was piled so high I had to take some meat off and remove the third piece of bread before I could get my mouth around it. I took the second half home and made two more sandwiches out of it. The Sandwiches are very good although a bit pricy...the atmosphere is pure Deli...don't plan on a quiet conversation...and it's always jammed with people!
we also visited the Brent's in Westlake Village a while back...It's not nearly as good as the original in Northridge...I would pass on that one!

• Visited October 2013
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hey, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review!

If there's something specific that you didn't enjoy regarding our Westlake Village location, please contact us via our website and we'll be happy to address whatever it is.

Modesto
“Simply Delish!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Walk into Brent's and smell the wonderful aroma of pickles, pastrami, bread and all the other goodies! It's always crowded here, so expect a wait if you don't go at an off hour. I've been going to Brent's for years, until I moved out of the area, but when I visit, I always go for breakfast or lunch. The sandwiches are huge! I usually ask for an extra piece of bread, so I can make another half (yes, I love to eat). I like the pastrami better than the corned beef; the latter has a texture I don't care for, but the pastrami is great. Most people probably wouldn't agree with me on the corned beef, but I've eaten a lot of it in my time, and I know the best! I now live in Northern California, but I ordered all our brunch food from Brent's. My friend picked up the food for me, and brought it all the way from L.A. The menu is huge, and if you go for dinner, you'll have a large variety of hot foods, soups, etc. I always feel the service is rushed, because it's so crowded most of the time, but it doesn't bother me. If you are in the L.A. valley, you must try Brent's.

• Visited November 2012
Hey, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great, detailed review! We appreciate your longtime patronage :)

In case you don't know, we offer nationwide shipping of most of our deli items, if you're interested!