“Quaint Deli :-)”

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Description: Founded in 1967, Brent's Deli (with locations in Northridge and Westlake Village) has been the ZAGAT-rated # 1 Delicatessen & Restaurant for 17 years. Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California (literally) and catering for 20 or 2,000.
Los Angeles
“Quaint Deli :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I am in love with the hot pastrami. The bread was tasty too, reminded me of a real east coast hearty sandwich. Service was fast and friendly. No complaints here!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
“Brent's deli-cious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We love Brent's .My whole family loves it here.We had my dad's surprise party here on a Sunday morning and everyone was so excited-especially my dad.I mean-deli-for your B~Day??WHO KNEW ??
Great service ,ALWAYS busy,loud,fresh.HUGE portions.Amazing salads -they have a "create your own salad " page on the menu and you can go crazy.Dr.Browns,2 cents plain,Bagel chips and anything "Deli-wise"you can imagine is on the menu.Brent's is a family owned restaurant and they treat you VERY well.
Love you Brent's !

Visited January 2013
California
“Very good/ sort of typical NY but is a lousy location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am not sure why this is rated by some as "best in LA." There are several delis in the San Fernando Valley of equal caliber. But Brent's is consistently good. Change the location and the physical facility and to would be very good.

Visited April 2012
center
“ok deli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had very high expectations from all of the reviews /and my partners for the evening. I ordered --after much deliberation-- corned beef sandwich and soup. Some of the noodles in the soup were dry/and stuck together. I ate about half of it-- they give a large bowl instead of the normal cup. My corned beef actually had some fat on it--- but was not moist and juicy like other deli's. And for sure it was not hanging around since they seemed to send those sandwiches out about every 20 seconds. It was decent and I ate it-- but it was not the best deli I have ever had in Los Angeles. the service was attentive even though the young fellow kept saying YOU GUYS OK? I don't know-- maybe I am too old but I don't like being called a guy by a person less than half my age. I am happy I went ..would not drive that far again. Its ok--just not great.

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Excellence in Los Angeles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

While not close to Katz's pastrami in NY, what is? But Brents has wonderful food, from sandwiches to entrees. I love the Stuffed Cabbage and enjoy their sky high pastrami. The soups are huge and pea soup is thick as pudding. You will be pleased, satisfied, and full. Take your lipitor because this isn't health food. Breakfast is always terrific as well. A neighborhood gem, and worth the drive.

• Visited December 2012