“Great for dinner. Live entertainment, good food. Comfy.”

Delmonico's Lobster House
Ranked #3,703 of 9,954 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Great for dinner. Live entertainment, good food. Comfy.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Always a treat for us to dine at Delmonico's in Encino, just east of the Hayvenhurst exit of the 101. Early dining and late dining (9pm) are the easiest to get weekend, last minute reservations for. Dress is casual. The booths are private and romantic, but small. You have to slide the table to squeeze in, so not for more than two people usually. The menu covers pasta, seafood, and steaks. I often order the surf & turf (petite filet mignon and decent sized lobster tail). Steaks are cooked properly, and so far-- lean the way I prefer. I am not into chunks of side fat or gristle! My wife loves the paella -- loads of seafood. Make sure you order some garlic bread; it is fantastic. (comes with the meal). Service is friendly and attentive; drinks are refilled without having to wave your arm around. Prices are reasonable, though not cheap. But a lot better than most Los Angeles steak houses. And at least the meals are well worth it. On weekends, they have a (blind) piano player who is a cross between Billy Joel and Andrea Bocelli -- very pleasant to listen to while dining. Be sure to leave him a tip!

• Visited May 2014

San Dimas
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was looking forward to their Lobster Thermidor and was told that they only serve it at dinner. We were there at 1pm, during brunch. We traveled about 60 miles. We had the brunch and the stuffed lobster was just OK for me. I have not been able to find good Lobster Thermidor yet. The french restaurent in Santa Monica, that served it closed. Some of the other items were too salty. I liked their potatoes, and some of their other items. Their desserts were good. Overall, I think the Lobster could have been tastier. Their service could have been better, we had to keep asking for the waiter when we wanted something.

• Visited December 2013
“Good food, but noisy”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We hadn't been back to Delmonico's for many years. I received a coupon for 50% off one entree, so we decided to try it again. There were four of us and I requested a booth. It was a very private booth, which was nice. There was a piano player/singer at the front of the restaurant. He sang all types of songs and was good, but it was a bit loud for dining conversation. As the restaurant got more crowded,,the noise level rose. The service was very good and the fish was delicious. Our friend ordered a steak and he said it was very good. We will definitely go back.

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Brunch that blows others away”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of brunch at Delmonico's Lobster House in LA. All the Maine lobster you could eat with a cold seafood bar that had everything! Snow crab, clams, oysters, mussels, King crab, etc. After eating to my heart's content I could not resist the fabulous dessert bar. I had to coax my wife along (she doesn't eat much) and she loved it! If you're in LA treat yourself! Absolutely delicious.

• Visited September 2013
New York
“Old style steak house”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This in an old style steak house with private booths. Bright atmosphere. The rib steak was fantastic. Request withe the sauce on the side. Comes with onion rings and fresh corn. Unless you love tiny crispy onion rings, ask for a healthier substitute. Service was good. Valet parking.

Visited May 2013