“Brunch that blows others away”

Delmonico's Lobster House
Ranked #3,640 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of brunch at Delmonico's Lobster House in LA. All the Maine lobster you could eat with a cold seafood bar that had everything! Snow crab, clams, oysters, mussels, King crab, etc. After eating to my heart's content I could not resist the fabulous dessert bar. I had to coax my wife along (she doesn't eat much) and she loved it! If you're in LA treat yourself! Absolutely delicious.

There are newer reviews for Delmonico's Lobster House

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This in an old style steak house with private booths. Bright atmosphere. The rib steak was fantastic. Request withe the sauce on the side. Comes with onion rings and fresh corn. Unless you love tiny crispy onion rings, ask for a healthier substitute. Service was good. Valet parking.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you're a seafood lover you have to try their Sunday brunch. My boyfriend is a huge lobster eater and for $35 per person he gets to eat as much lobster as he want!

I've been in this restaurant quite a few times and the food has always been good. The servers are attentive and kept our drink refills coming. Their lobster bisque and garlic bread are a staple for me. Very yummy but it can fill you up quickly!

Make sure you get a reservation for their Sunday brunch because it gets very busy.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

For few years, since the year 2000 when I first tasted a Manhattan clam chowder, I've been looking for it in places and restaurants all over the world. Finally I found it. This is how I discovered Delmonico's.
We came for lunch because its very expensive for dinner and we only cared for the manhattan chowder.
The place was quite empty, bad decor, but a big smile from the host helped the situation.
Got the menu, House sourdough (OTH), butter and water. The water came with a straw, which is very weird for a place in that class.
I asked the waitress about manhattan chowder, just to be sure that this is what I thought about.
The chowder was perfect! A thick tomato broth with carrots, celery, onions and big portion of the clams. A lot of sea taste, nice spicy.. Just perfect. Wonder why it is so hard to find it when the New England style is all over the world and not so great, at least not like the manhattan style.
For MC I had the lunch special, 1 Lb. lobster stuffed with crab meat & shrimp, in a lemon-lobster butter sauce with sautéed vegetables.
The lobster cooked great but was a little unnoticeable because of the stuffing and the sauce who were take of all of the dish, way to much sauce and to much butter. But still tasty and a lot of work on the lobster.
My uncle took a seafood paella - big dish, a lot of seafood, nice amount of rice.
He said it was nice, good seafood (except the scallop that not were seared). I tasted the rice, not enough saffron and it seems like they use butter instead olive oil, so the olive oil taste was missing.
19.95$ for the main course (each), very good value of money.
Overall I'm happy I found that place it with every cent just because of the manhattan chowder. One of the best soups I ever had!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is the clasic case of a restaurant living on it's reputation. Faded 1930's decor with booths - where you tend to be ignored by the staff and very 'leisurely' staff! 3 times to get the bread - even though it was good when we got it! The food was actually quite forgettable. I had the Lobster Rockafeller at $54. It was tasty but was not as described on the menu. It was described as with spinach and lemon hollandaise. It turned out to be spinach with a rich cheese sauce - a cross betwen rockafeller and thermador. The Lobster tagliatelli was large in terms of pasta and the Lobster Rissoto was mediocre. Such a shame that a restaurant can keep going on it's rep only. Expensive and not a great evening out!