“Homemade in the best way”

Follow Your Heart Market & Cafe
Ranked #834 of 10,351 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been coming to Follow Your Heart since I was a little kid. The soups NEVER disappoint. Doesn't matter how hot it is in the Valley--you have to order soup! The sandwiches are fantastic (try that legendary rueben!) and I love the baked potatoes. Not a fancy or fussy place, but so homey and wonderful.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

love the food, and they will make it your way within reason. The soups are good, as are the salads and the drinks. The market is full of so many choices for healthy foods

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We always sit on the "patio" bordering Sherman Way, surrounded by plants, and enjoy the consistently well-prepared and tasty veggie dishes. Our favorite is the excellent Reuben sandwich, which always satisfies. We have come to love their nachos with guacamole and black beans as an appetizer. The red lentil soup was outstanding. A great place for a healthy meal in the West Valley.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We ended up at FYH after reading lot of positive reviews. The place was crowded and we had to wait for a while to get seated. The cafe is quite congested but I have no complains when they serve some good vegan food!! The portions are rather big. They take little bit more time to serve and the staff is rather friendly. I was pleasantly surprised at the tofu options as replacement to meat and cheese alternatives in the store. I also saw few rare to find spices. Kinda liked the place and will go back for sure.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

My 2012 resolution was to try and eat healthier by going vegetarian and as much vegan as I could muster beyond my beloved grilled cheeses. I was super worried about trying to eat out with my super picky-eater boyfriend and his friends alike but this place has been a miracle!

This is the most approachable vegan menu I've ever seen. It offers a lot of comfort food items that have just been converted to vegan versions but honestly... some of them taste better than the original!

For vegan veterans, they're very studious about labeling and mentioning which dishes have things that conscious eaters might try and avoid. But often all of their soups and specials can boast vegan, gluten free, and oil free.

I must add, this is the most reasonably priced health food I've ever seen. The entrees are around $10-$15 and their sandwiches are around $8. It's enough food that even my boyfriend boxed some of his "meatball" sub to eat for lunch the next day. Also, if you're a bargain eater like me, the restaurant is attached to their market and they package small meal amounts of their food and humus dips for around $3 each. This has been my entire diet for the past several weeks, haha.

It may not be on the most inviting block in the neighborhood, but inside its lovely and cozy. The outside seating is surrounded by plants and they have heaters. It does tend to get busy there at any given night of the week so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to wait a bit to sit down, but since it's attached to their market I end up browsing and it feels like no time. Ordering take-out is just as well, but I'd definitely dine-in the first few times to try all the exotic teas!

My favorites: the coconut chai, Lorenzo's sandwich, and pretty much all the soup specials

2  Thank CostalCruiser