“Meh...”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My ropa vieja was just so-so, which was sad to me because I love ropa vieja. I will say that everyone who ordered the garlic chicken said it was very good. The rice tasted overcooked but the plantains were good. The mojito was made with wine, which is fine but not quite the same. The Sangria was okay but not the best I've had. Parking is a nightmare. Atmosphere was okay. I don't feel the need to go back but I'm glad I tried it.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Driving into the Valley for a few hours and decided to check out a good place to eat that I haven't been too and I found Versailles. After having read the reviews I figured the Garlic Chicken was a "no brainer" and we also got the Lechon Asado - Cuban Style Roasted Pork. We got one with the Rice & Beans and one with Moro (which was basically brown rice with beans mixed in) and plantains. The Garlic Chicken was delicious (albeit a tad dry) we order ALL white meat, The Pork was tender and delicious as well, both orders of the rice were very good (the moro was my favorite of the two though) and boy do I love plantains and theirs were yummy.
The service was excellent. They were friendly, knowledgeable, there when they needed to be and saw to it that our waters were refilled regularly (my personal pet peeve is an empty drink glass).
The parking lot is small; however we were there on a Monday evening and had no problem getting a space.
We will definitely be back for dinner next time we are in the area.
Just an FYI: While we loved the dinner, we did have some leftovers and although they put in a Styrofoam dish and then inside of a plastic bag, the trunk (thank god we didn't put it in the front of the car) reeked of garlic during our 1 hour drive back home. It will probably smell for days to come.. Who knows, maybe it will make us crave another night at Versailles : )

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nowhere else outside of Cuba can you get this best Guava Chicken dish. Tender, delicous and a very nice friendly staff.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We love this restaurant! They. Start you off with a basket of garlicky, buttered toast and then serve the best cuban entrees on the west Coast...yum! Get the ox tail stew; it"s melt in your mouth goodness!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Years ago, Versailles was the best Cuban place in Los Angeles, However, the quality seems to have slipped over the years. The prices are still very reasonable and the service friendly, but the food itself is just so-so. There are so many better choices for Cuban in Los Angeles nowadays.