“Not really divine but...”
Review of Divino

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: Sunset
Description: Soft-green walls, black-and-white photos and high ceilings illuminate the affluent crowd for lunch and dinner. The intimate family setting combined with the professional service just add to the fact that DIVINO is a little culinary diamond in the rough.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went here with a friend and had reservations and dressed nicely etc. We were seated in a nice area and most of the staff was nice. The maitre de also seemed to double as a waiter at times and was a bit snobby. Our regular waiter was very nice as were the rest of the staff. My friend had the blue crab pasta and I had ravioli. Hers was fantastic and fresh, mine was not very fresh. The spinach salad was good as well.

At the end of our meal I happened to hear the maitre de listing off the days specials to the people next to us. He did not mention any specials to us nor did anyone else. That was pretty irritating. Apparently we weren't worthy?

Dessert was good. I'll just remember to ask if there are any specials if I choose to go here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Divino is a very good Italian restaurant with adriatic flare. Service is impeccable, food is just delicious.
Ambiance makes you feel very comfortable. Great time with great food.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Tucked in a little plaza, a very intimate place with great italian food and wine. The perfect pasta and pizza! Great service. Not so sure of the ouside seating...overlooking the parking and tables are super close to each other.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

After moving to Brentwood and hearing raves about Divino's we went for dinner. Not knowing if our first impression was accurate, we went back a second time and left with the same impression.

First, the food was uniformly excellent, than cannot be disputed. But at prices that are very high for a neighborhood restaurant, I expect more.

Our experience at both our trips were identical. The restaurant is small, tables close together and very noisy. Not being a regular or VIP we were totally ignored by the host. While you can tell the restaurant wanted to provide higher service, service was spotty. Our wine order was taken with the meal order. Half the table had silverware replaced between courses, others had dirty silverware left on the table. Needing a second bottle of wine for the party we had to flag down a waiter to order. No one ever came over to inquire about the meal. To be honest, had I not been expecting more, I may not have noticed the flaws.

In general, great food, great location, OK for pizza or a quick pasta dish, but not a place to go for special dining.

1  Thank art89
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. The tables upstairs are somewhat close together (maybe more so since this was a "holiday:"), but it was cozy and the food was excellent. We would have expected the prices to be at least 50% higher. for the quality of the food. Pizza was wonderful -- thin and crispy.