“A Bit of Manhattan in the Hills”

Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc.
Ranked #233 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: N. Beverly Glen Blvd.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is definitely one of Los Angeles' hidden gems. Situated on the top of Beverly Glen, it is an easy enough location to access on both sides of the Hills. The only drawback is that it is in the only strip mall in Beverly Glen. The interior has the look at and feel of a Manhattan restaurant. The seating is perfect with the option of three levels on which to dine. The bar is big and drinks are excellent. The food is fresh and delicious American cuisine. I recommend the burger or the scallops. Definitely try the martinis. Every night there is a different band/quartet or soloist booked to entertain. This is one of the hot spots in L.A. to listen to live Jazz. The service is great and it is easy to get a reservation. Overall, this is one of my favorite spots in L.A.

2  Thank Gena V

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been going to this place once a month. The design and feel is amazing, food is pretty good, but I mostly go to enjoy few drinks and atmosphere. Def go check it out !

1  Thank Dima C
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is verry nice but the service I got was so disturbing the waiter were drinking and the manager was outside smoking and drinking only 3 waiters were actually doing a great job the food was great the salad was disgusting I have no idea what they are doing to this great place but it's turning into a hell whole .

2  Thank Tisha89
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. This restaurant is desinged perfectly for dinning and live entertainment. The horseshoe shaped dining area allows all to have a good view of the stage. The restaurant is hidden away in Bel Air and not easy to get to, but it's well worth the effort. The atmosphere is electric, the food is delicious and the staff was wonderful. Even the valet service was enjoyable. The entertainer that night put on a fantastic show. One word of warning is the price. But get over that and enjoy the whole atmosphere of the place.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Situated in Beverly Glen, I certainly didn't expect a place like Vibrato to exist. Much smaller than I expected, but it's classy, sophisticated, charming, intimate, and romantic. First thing we noticed was how all the patrons were much, much older than us... We were probably the youngest couple in the restaurant. We didn't mind, but it was an interesting observation!

We had a reservation for 8:30 pm but didn't sit until 9:00 pm since the only tables they had available were upstairs and I wanted to sit downstairs where the musicians were performing. We were seated at Table 1 which was to the side of the stage and tucked in the corner. Not too much space, but it was sufficient. Although we were right up in front, we had no problems with the music being too loud.

Our server took awhile to bring us our menus, but he was great in recommending which dishes we should try since it was our first time visiting. The bread basket was pretty, but the bread was tough and the butter was less than tasty; we only ate it since we were starving.

The braised short ribs were tender but a little too salty for my taste. I like the salmon much more even though it was on the sweeter side. Our sides of mac and cheese and buttered corn were tasty and added to our meal nicely. For dessert, we had the Chocolate Truffle Cake with Malted Vanilla ice cream. It was good, but I wouldn't order it again.

Our meal, plus a glass of Riesling, tax, and tip, came to $130. The icing on top of a great meal was the live jazz music. Rob Lockhart and the Pat Senatore Trio were great! I would love to visit again to see Robert Davi or Seth MacFarlane sing.

FYI: Full service is provided at the bar. However if you prefer a table, each person must order an entree. All tables have a two hour maximum seating time.

2  Thank thefinchster