“Great venue, great service”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 10,090 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Alden Dr.
San Clemente, California
“Great venue, great service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Entertaining out of town guest, only hiccup was they claimed they didn't have our reservation, but were able to seat us right away. Great window table inside. Wonderful waiter treated us as a local and not the tourists that we were.
Food was very good, seafood, (seabass), pasta dishes, all good. Not inexpensive, but your paying for the locale, setting is wonderful.
Definitely would do it again for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“lobster ravioli.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You must have the home made lobster ravioli at this restaurant before you die, it is perfect.

Service was excellent, and the atmosphere is warm and homely.

I ate here with kids on a busy lunchtime and was made to feel very welcome.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Enjoyable but overpriced”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Ivy is beautiful - a charming restaurant with an outdoor dining terrace and vases of the most gorgeous multi-colored roses everywhere!
I must admit we made a reservation there because we had heard of the restaurant (probably from People Magazine!) and my daughter was hoping to see a celebrity there. Unfortunately all we saw was alot of tourists and bored waiters... I wouldn't call our service bad but it was definitely unenthusiastic.
We both had a salad, fish and shared the red velvet cake - everything was very good but really overpriced.
The Ivy is a fun Beverly Hills landmark to visit. The restaurant is very pretty and the food is good enough, but you're definitely paying a premium to go there with no guarantee of Jennifer Aniston sitting at the next table!

• Visited June 2013
Notts UK
“Very cute restaurant but strange service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked the Ivy for my wifes birthday as we were in LA with our two teenage kids. The reviews and the website were fantastic and my Daughter thought she might get a bit of celebrity spotting done at the same time. It was a nice evening so we walked the few blocks to the restaurant. It was busy, vibrant and looked really cute all lit up in the dark. I told the guy on the steps we had a table booked and he said to check in at the front desk, we went to the entrance and the girl at the small podium couldn't have been less interested, she called a guy over mumbled to him and he took us to a table inside. The waiter came over to us and had a very strange attitude, he certainly didn't go out of his way to connect with us or make us feel welcome, his attitude remained strange through the evening. We did get another Waiter at one point who was excellent but he went back to his own tables. The food was good, quick, well cooked and presented and tasted delicious. The desserts were fantastic and the strawberry champagne was superb. This is a great venue and not overpriced, we paid $220 for 4 but the service was not what we expected from a good quality restaurant. Although I have given it a rating of very good as the food and atmosphere were very good but we probably wouldn't return purely on the basis that we weren't made to feel welcome or appreciated.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food well priced for la !!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went to the ivy for a great night in la with my wife and two kids... for me no complaints seated promptly with a nice glass of the house champagne and quickly was greeted with a great smiling waiter to order our food!!!!..We shared the pork glazed ribs , shrimp tacos, the ivy special pizza and my wife enjoyed the grilled fish... all were cooked perfect and served with nice sides etc.. we had a bottle of wine and of course a few cold coronas for me and we shared two desserts which were heaven and our bill was in total $166.00 dollars which I thought was the best value meal we had whilst in la... so all in all a great pleasure to of dined here and we will return soon...

• Visited August 2013