“Great spot with a slew of good options”
Review of Gulfstream - CLOSED

Gulfstream
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Century City
Los Angeles, California
“Great spot with a slew of good options”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Gulfstream is very close to work for me, so I dine here quite often (multiple times per week). Its a great spot for fish and also has good burgers (including a tasty ahi tuna burger) and chicken dishes (love both the roast chicken and chicken tenders). Gulfsream is well known for its heavenly biscuits, which come with butter and honey, and are absolutely delicious.

A couple of things that are seasonal that I always enjoy are the heirloom tomato salad (hoping it comes back) as well as the heirloom cauliflower, which is quite tasty. The shrimp cocktail are also delicious and always available - they are enormous and very tasty.

Atmosphere is actually quite nice, especially considering that it is in the Century City mall. If you're at the mall, this is the way to go, and if you are even nearby, I'd consider paying it a visit.

One caveat: it gets quite busy and the service can be slow.

• Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“I Went Back Twice”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Despite the fact that Gulfstream is a corporate-owned restaurant in a shopping mall, it is one of my top favorites in LA. I have reviewed this place before. I was in town for a week this time and happily went back a second time with a different group of people. Every menu item that I have tried is delicious--we are batting 1000. The wait staff does have a tendency to rush you to order, so it's not unusual for me to tell them "we're not in a hurry" to try to set the pace. This restaurant is owned by the same corporation as one of my favorites near my home in Florida called "Hillstone". They know what they are doing in the kitchen.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York, USA
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant has excellent service and good food. It tends to get crowded and getting a table can be difficult. Its limited menu is good food and the service is outstanding.

Visited April 2014
Manassas, Virginia
“Nice place, nice menu, service so so”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Gulfstream is simply "okay". There was nothing in particular that stood out to us. That said, there was also nothing bad. The food is good and the waitstaff are friendly.

• Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is a good one!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Gulfstream is first rate. We chose it for a friend's birthday and were not disappointed. The atmosphere is friendly and warm -- many booths available, very good staff, dress is slightly casual (i.e., jeans ok, not flip flops or tank tops probably). Most of all the food was sensational. Whatever you do, order the biscuits as an appetizer. People who'd been there before ordered plates of them and we could see why.

My friends had fish dishes they rated highly. I had chicken with an apricot sauce that was fabulous. Good wine selection.

There's valet parking but we parked at a mall behind the restaurant for $2.

Should make a reservation; the restaurant is popular.

• Visited March 2014