“Eggs?”

Transit: Metro - Beverly Center
Northridge
“Eggs?”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I picked up on this place via trip ad...sounded wonderful. I'm only rating this review on the breakfast, which was just horrible. The place wasn't crowded at all, and staff was on the ball but a simple order of eggs and bacon took far too long. Both plates were over cooked and everything else cold. Eggs? The bacon was rediculous, small and burnt. My catfish serving couldn't feed a mouse, really?
Sevice...bad
Food...whatever
experience....never again

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had heard this was a cool place to go but although the location is in a fun area, it was disappointing. I had ordered a tandoori chicken salad that sounded mouth watering by description (chicken marinated in Indian spices with cashews from Kashmir...) so I was surprised when I received bland chicken on a bed of lettuce. I inquired about the cashews and the waitress came back with a response of being "out" but maybe I would like some cucumbers which I declined. My biggest complaint is that I expected to have a discount automatically without asking yet they charged me &14.99 for chicken on lettuce. My husbands meal was not bad but not great. We would never go back.

Chicago, IL
“Quick Casual Break with Great Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fun place to have a casual, quick lunch, brunch or coffee with friends in the trendy West Hollywood / Melrose area. Located on Robertson surrounded by fashionable retail and design stores, my wife, daughter and I stopped in for a very late lunch in the middle of a lot of shopping and walking during our recent visit to LA.. Service was exceptional and it was truly a fun place to kick back for a while. A busy place even though the lunch hour had passed. If you want quiet, don't go there because there is a constant buzz from the people and the TV news / entertainment on monitors spread around the place. There is still a small news / magazine rack at the front but it is pretty minimal. I vaguely recall that in years past it was a more comprehensive news stand within the restaurant.
They push their fried artichoke as a compliment to the meal and it is well worth it. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Breaking News; Stay away from the "Newsroom Cafe"!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

There of us went into the Newsroom Cafe yesterday for a late breakfast 11:30 AM. It was a ghost town with a few patrons here and their but not a wait. 1st clue. Seated by a very nice gentleman and waited and waited and waited for the "I'm too good for your waitress to arrive". Since we all haven't been to the Newsroom for a while we wanted to check out the menu. We ordered coffee with both cream and milk. We waited and waited and waited.....then the coffee showed up.....cool at best but no cream or milk. "It would be along in a minute" says the waitress. We waited and waited......not three waited but just two this time.
We are now ready to order, flagged down the waitress (not busy at all, but busy, doing god knows what), ordered food and more coffee.....and waited and waited. I ordered just a plane pancake with a couple of turkey bacon strips and the others ordered poached eggs, tomato's and toast. When the food arrived the pancakes were blueberry, still paste inside and burnt, bacon cold, eggs OK but toast cold. The waitress never came by to ask how the food was or ask if we needed anything else. I set the pancakes on the empty chair next to me and nibbled on the bacon. When it came time to pay the waitress suddenly became bubbly and my wife handed her the pancake plate off the chair and told he these pancakes were not agreeable.
This is not the place I would wonder into again and expect a hot breakfast. I have been here before for a sandwich but don't really recall my experience at the time. I would say that this place is dated in it's style, the staff is less then acceptable and the food is certainly an "F". Too many other places that try to make there clientele happy to return here. Go at your own risk....not for me again.

• Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Sunday brunch @ Newsroom”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very casual setting--salads were very tasty. Salvadoran pupusa with eggs was just so so. I thought the food basically was very good. Fun atmosphere with lots of predictable blonds with puffy lips , etc. Food prices were reasonable as well.

• Visited December 2012