“My "fake" birthday dinner”
Review of Locanda Veneta

Locanda Veneta
Reserve with OpenTable
Locanda Veneta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 9,954 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Btw. Robertson and San Vincente
McKinney, Texas
“My "fake" birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My coworker remembered 1 year earlier that a client had given me a birthday cake 2 months before my birthday, so they decorated the office, signed a card and sang, "Happy Birthday" to me. In return, I told them they had to take me out for my "fake" birthday & we went to Locanda Veneta for dinner. I had the tricolor salad and seabass with lentils, which was delicious and I couldn't finish the salad that comes with the meal. When the waiter asked if we wanted dessert, we declined, but he overheard my other coworker ask me if the "birthday girl was sure." He brought a tiramisu for us to share and wished me a happy birthday as he held the door when we left. My coworkers thought it was better celebrating my fake birthday than my real birthday!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jwinge

California
“A quiet, affordable epicurean oasis in a hugely busy neighborhood”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I am sometimes stuck for the better part of a day at La Cienega/San Vicente/Third Street on business. Most of the sit down restaurants are now gone, and fast food joints are full of people chowing down in haste. Locanda Veneta is an excellent reprieve from the hustle and bustle of this neighborhood with the big mall and Cedars Sinai hospital. They have 3 excellent lunch specials which are served promptly. For about $15 you can get excellent soup and a ginormous gourmet salad of your choice. For $21, a starter and the hot entree of your choice. This last week I had the filet of sole in a fantastic lemon sauce, a real sauce not just juice. It came with carrots, green beans and 4 roasted potato pieces. For $27 you can get things like pasta with ragu of wild boar, really yummy. Service is efficient and high end - like they come scoop up the bread crumbs. The restaurant is quiet enough to hold business meetings here. I once had a 3 hour mid afternoon meeting in a corner table following lunch. There is a small parking lot next to the restaurant which is the best buy for all day parking in this area, easily $10 cheaper than the Cedars/medical building lots. Not quite sure how it works if you park just for lunch. There is street parking if the goddess of parking is smiling on you that day. There are outside tables but I never find eating right next to heavy traffic to be appealing. There are 3 or 4 steps to enter the restaurant. If that is an issue, call them, there might be a back entrance for wheelchairs. Of course you can eat outside at ground level.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Very acceptable Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying at.
It turned out to be a comfortable and quite authentic Italian restaurant situated on 3rd street.

Both Pasta were very tasty and certainly of ample proportions.
Service was helpful and prompt.
Cost of the meal, including a glass of wine each and tip was just on $100 US which we considered reasonable.

If looking for good wholesome Italian meal you could not do a great deal better than this

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Simple but effective and delish”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my co-worker's favorite restaurant in LA, she's from San Diego.
I've been here twice and what I love about it is the almost personalized service. It feels like a family restaurant, it's very small all right, but it's very cozy and if your group is indecisive, you can just leave it up to the restaurant to surprise you with family-style courses. My favorite is the squid ravioli with lobster filling, if you are not into that, get the parpadele with wild boar. Other food were good too and my co-workers fight over the cookies served after the meal.
Oh, and I also love their chimichurri that is served with the bread while waiting for food.

• Visited August 2012
Mountain View, California
“Italian grandma's kitchen!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The food here is ah-mazing! The shrimp and mushroom pasta hits the right spot for comfort food; it doesnt get any cozier or warmer than this cute place! The warm smells from the open kitchen only enhance the experience and the maitre'd is super attentive and accommodating.
I would go definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013