“Good sushi but remember to bring cash!”
Review of Hide Sushi

Hide Sushi
Ranked #740 of 10,132 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed April 30, 2012

A friend recently took me to Hide Sushi while I was visiting LA. The sushi was very fresh and very reasonably priced. The menu was not as extensive as many sushi places. For example, there was no spicy salmon roll on the menu. The place was packed at 5pm on a Sunday which speaks to its popularity. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. There is an atm near the front door in the event you forget to bring cash.

There are newer reviews for Hide Sushi

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stopped in on a whim and was not disappointed. The Toro melted in my mouth and was outrageous. The service was attentive but not overbearing. Good place to meet with friends. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar so you can watch the chef's deft precision.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I've been a fan of this little place on Sawtelle for years. In fact, there are a lot of really great restaurants on here. This one does some really good rolls for cheap. It can get pretty busy though, and only cash is accepted. But it is good stuff!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've been going here for years with my husband and I thought I should write about them.

The sushi is great,...very fresh. we love the spicy tuna. and yellow tail collar., plus all of their daily specials on the board.
The place sort of looks like a dive, since it has been here longer than most of the new and modern restaurants that have opened up in the area, but it's a great local place.

However, you must get there early. Otherwise, you have to wait a long time to get a seat and at times they run out of their good specials.

They also have alot of rules about seating! you put your name on a board when you arrive. Your entire party has to be present before they can seat you and you cannot change the number of your party once you put your name down!!!

They're pretty strict. But the staff is very nice and have been very acommodating to my litte children, which always makes it much easier.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Hide is our go to for take out sushi. They're pretty fast(about 15-20 minutes). Parking is not great around Hide but if you're doing take out you can park in the lot next to Hide and they'll let you park there for free. Cash only which is a bummer. As for the food, recently we had:
1. Salmon Sashimi dinner-11 pieces of pure goodness. fresh, beautiful and something we always order
2. Chicken Teriyaki dinner-also very good. sometimes chicken teriyaki is just a filler order(as in my wallet cant pay for anymore sushi and i need something to fill my tummy) if you're ordering at another place but here at Hide its worth saving room for it
3. Spicy Tuna rolls (4 pieces): theres always a large amount of spicy tuna in the roll and just enough rice. love it!
4. Freshwater eel and cucumber-i liked it but my wife didnt. Comes with sauce already on the 6 pieces of sushi. We've had the seawater eel as well. I cant really taste the difference.
5. Scallop Dynamite-Theres scallop, mushrooms in a white sauce that you eat over rice. A must try

The albacore and tuna rolls are solid but nothing special. The Chirashi is also a good order if you want to try a bunch of different fish. Overall we're very happy with Hide and keep coming back