“Good Food: Lots of Fun”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We Visited this landmark restaurant tonight. Our party of six enjoyed Cuban sandwiches, Cuban pork and chicken. The service was fast and the beans and rice were perfect! We saw lots of smiles and friendly faces. We will go back when in this part of LA.

1  Thank CutestCouple

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My last dinner in LA. I loved the food, service n environment. It was my first time to go to Cuban Restaurant. I also loved the dessert cheese cake n also my daughters favourite CHHUROS.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

In preparation for a trip to Cuba in February, this is the third Cuban restaurant I've been to in about 4 weeks. The first item brought to my table was a complementary basket with 3 slices of mediocre garlic bread. It was not warm or crispy. I only ate one piece. I wasn't very hungry, so ordered 2 appetizers and dessert, rather than a meal.

The dough on the empanadas was nowhere near as tasty as those at Habana in Costa Mesa. The crust was too dry, for one thing. The beef empanada was greasy, and the filling was average. The spinach and cheese empanada was not much better--the spinach was overcooked. The waiter was kind enough to point out to me that empanadas were on the lunch special board, $2.50 each, while the regular price on the menu was 2 for $6.50.

The plantains were the best thing I had. There was a large amount on the plate. I enjoyed these, and took half home.

The flan was so subpar, that I left a third of it. And I love flan! It didn't have the creamy taste of my favorite flan so far, again from Habana in Costa Mesa.

Please see my accompanying photos.

1  Thank AmeliaAirheart
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My sister convinced me to try Versailles Cuban restaurant in LA. I got the garlic chicken (half a chicken) and it was great! The waiter was very friendly and our food came out quickly. Their black beans and rice mix is also very good. The waiter got me to try a traditional Cuban soda called Ironbeer, it was ok, too sweet for my taste.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I didn't like this restaurant at all.
Food was not good, very acid (too much lemon instead of bitter oranges). The tamales were terrible!
Six cubans in the table and nobody liked the food. Make your own judgement.

1  Thank Alberto163