“Good place for lunch near UCLA”
Review of Napa Valley Grille

Napa Valley Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Napa Valley Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: Lindbrook Dr.
Transit: One block from the restaurant at the corner of Wilshire and Glendon.
Description: Located in the heart of Los Angeles, Napa Valley Grille has been a favorite of the local dining scene. The restaurant delivers the charm, hospitality and romance of Napa Valley. Simplicity is the common thread in food, service and décor. Seasonal, ingredient-driven cooking and unpretentious service in a rustic yet refined setting, Napa Valley Grille is a taste of the good life.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My dad and I made a reservation and came her for lunch. We were seated near the fireplace (which is cosy, the other seating area near the bar and tv is not) and had a terrific waitress. She was happy to let us know about gluten free options and the chef himself came to talk to us about what he could do. Impressive. We ordered a ton of food and enjoyed pretty much everything. My dad enjoyed the wine recommended to him. Terrific experience. The following day we came without a reservation and the nice seating area was full. We chose to sit outside and I found that less enjoyable given the car noise. This time I just ordered a salad and it was fine. The four stars are for the experience we had the first day.

1  Thank misanthropicdreamer
Tony d, General Manager at Napa Valley Grille, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Apologies for the late response...Thanks for the great review! I'm also gluten free and glad our chef was accommodating.

Have a great day and see you soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family was celebrating our son's graduation from UCLA and we chose NVG. I cannot say enough about every aspect of our meal. The service was perfect. Our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. The food choices were simple--the menu allows for diners to choose a meat/fish/chicken and then sides, or offers a regular entrée. The vegetables were sautéed in ginger and cooked perfectly. The filet mignon was really super as was the halibut.The wine selection was good both by the glass and the bottle and the desserts were delicious without being eclectic. Everyone was impressed with our meal and we all came away happy. I would recommend it to anyone and we will certainly return even without the excuse of a family celebration.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We loved this restaurant in close proximity to the W Hotel in Westwood. The short ribs were to die for & I loved the kale & quinoa salad. The wine list was good and the waiters were very helpful and knew their winelist.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been dining at this restaurant for several years, and each time I go, I come away less and less impressed. Most recently I had a Caesar Salad with chicken. I have made better salads myself with bottled dressing. Theirs lacked any real taste, though the greens and the chicken were fresh. The bread was as boring as the salad. Disappointing for a restaurant that looks so good and exudes that casual elegance that can be appealing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was very good and porportionate. There is good private seating for dinner parties ot meetings. Also decor was very beautiful. I would eat here again if ever in the location