“I love this place!”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and I recently spent 9 days in LA so we chose Dan Tana's as the destination for dinner on our last night in town. We knew it was a popular place so we made a reservation through the concierge at our hotel and got a table at 9.15pm - a little later than we'd hoped but not a huge problem, especially as it was a friday night.

Well, from the moment we stepped through the door, we were so entertained and looked-after that it made for a really memorable night.

Our table wasn't ready when we arrived so we got drinks at the bar. The bartender looks as though he's been there for about 20 years and I've never seen a martini made so well and so quickly in my life. He was amazing!

When our table still wasn't available half an hour later, we were offered free drinks which was a really nice gesture. Eventually we were seated and we had a wonderful meal with a great waiter (Sergio).

The food was fantastic. Probably more expensive than what you'd pay for the same meal elsewhere but worth it for the added entertainment factor. We also had a celeb sighting which is apparently quite common at Dan Tana's.

I would highly recommend Dan Tana's for an old school Italian meal. I think they take walk-ins but it'd be better to book in advance.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The only thing Dan Tana's has going for it is the old Hollywood atmosphere. I felt ripped off by the VERY expensive prices and VERY average food. I will never go back.

1  Thank watergirls2
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I visit LA two times each year and have been coming to Tana's for more than 15 years - the only big change is no smoking inside and that is a good thing- the food the service and the people are fantastic- it's a fun place.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Italian to die for and the men too.Too bad I'm married but man what a place. Great food and the service is five star. P.S. so is the price.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had heard of this from our tour company and they were right, there were 7 of us (all girls) and this bar is still a hot spot in LA. We didn't see any famous celebs, but word has it this is still a super spot for finding them. We didn;t pay for any of our drinks so I can't tell you about prices but we had a fun time.