“Awesome food ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Ranked #12 of 9,846 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Venice
Cross street: 5th Street
Purplefish
“Awesome food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a beautiful asparagus salad to start with crisp white wine. Will not forget that experience. The pairing was awesome and the food was perfect. Everything about the meal was fun from our waiter to the star sightings.

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going Gourmet Vegan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We walked in now knowing what to expect as we are not Vegan;heck we're not even vegetarian, but we like good food. Immediately, the decor was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't hippie dippie but a well designed restaurant with great aesthetics. They have an extensive menu from which you can order by saying what you are versus what you want. e.g a juice called "Radiant" You would say "I am radiant" vs. I would like a radiant juice" Well we got one wrong dish using that method so next time I will be ordering the regular way! The first dish was amazing- Vegan Tacos, followed by an equally amazing Caesar salad. The third dish, which was the missed order, was OK, but by that time we were getting full. All in all the entire experience was really good and I will definitely be going back again.

• Visited May 2014
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My friends brought me here for a post surf brunch on a Sunday. The hardest part about the visit was trying to figure out what to order. I had golden which is a turmeric almond milk latte. Amazing. The first sip took some getting used to but I loved the earthiness and subtlety. Then I got peace, the open-faced bagel sandwich. It blew my mind. Just a delicious balance of all the flavours. Fresh, light and satisfying.

I bought a scone and a piece of banana bread to go so I could share with the friend I was visiting and they were also delicious. He was leery because of the vegan label but really enjoy it. You have to get the banana bread!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank SibinaF
Chicago, Illinois
“Inspired Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

When told we were going to "Cafe Gratitude", these midwesterners gave a groan of "That's SO L-A..." -- and then we had our socks knocked off. From the first "LOVE" t-shirt to the menus and the gracious service, you are brought into a world of genuine thoughtfulness, topped off by some amazing vegan cuisine. There are gentle reminders of the restaurant's mission (read the bottom of your bowl!), starting with the moment your dish is delivered: "you're bountiful...you're inspired...you're liberated..." Overall a great concept that nails it on execution. Plus an awesome wine list.

Visited June 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Delicious vegan cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We visited while staying in Venice. As a vegetarian I was excited to find this place (even though LA has some great vegan / veg places). The food was delicious, I had the Gracious summer salad which was amazing and my boyfriend had a nice pasta dish. We also had the cashew / coconut ice cream which is amazing. Such a great find. One thing we did notice was that they really try to up sell when you order, like asking if I want extra avocado in my salad that comes with avocado, and asking my boyfriend whether he wanted extra pesto sauce on his pasta which came with a creamy sauce...that was a little odd but apart from that it was a good ambience and would definitely return for the food. Lots of raw dishes on the menu too which is good to see.

• Visited June 2014