“It's in Venice not LA!”

Cross street: 5th Street
Venice Beach
“It's in Venice not LA!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoy the food so we deal with the service every time! We waited for at least 35 minutes until we got our food. The waitstaff is NOT present. Service is absent. Found out about Happy Hour when another table mentioned it to us & sent us our roasted fave which came even later. We asked the waitress about it while waiting for our food. She elaborated. The Happy Hour is sort of wasteful as guest send appetizers to another table, we tried to sent roasted brussel sprouts to another table but they didn't eat them. They smiled & thanked us but they just aren't fans of the roasted goodness. We would eat there more often if we had all afternoon or all evening to eat our meals. Guacamole is soooooo good!!! Great food but a bit spiritually pretentious and it shows,

• Visited March 2013

Marietta, Georgia
“Not to crazy about Cafe Gratitude”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am a carnivore. I am very adventures when it comes to eating different meat.

Now ,I like vegetables ( my favorite being Mushrooms,Peppers,Carrots ), I eat them with any meal because they are important.

I enjoyed my mixed veggie drink , other than that, I was not interested in this place or the food.

If you are Vegan however , you will enjoy this place, they have a variety of mixed veggie drinks and have an great selection of food.

As for me, i wanted some meat.

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC
“Great Vegan Food even a meat eater can love”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am mostly vegetarian/vegan, with the very occasional fish thrown in there. My husband, on the other hand, could eat half a cow a week. We both loved this restaurant. The food was great but just as important, the atmosphere was fun and chic. A lot of vegan restaurants don't have the "real" restaurant vibe, like you wouldn't go there for a special occasion or for a nice dinner. Cafe Gratitude is definitely a real, grown-up restaurant and one of our new favorite places.

• Visited February 2013
Glendale, California
“Delicious Vegan Food in Venice”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

As a non meat eater, I wind up in some interesting places. This is a good one. My friend Pamela and I ventured there today, and it was a tasty experience.

Rather than list the multitude of dishes available, I'm going to post the link to the menu. Take your time. There's a lot of description, and clever names for most of the dishes.

I loved the I AM COMFORTED yam "fries" that were not fried, but yummy - and served with your choice of one dipping sauce. The I AM LOCAL salad, with autumn greens, roasted beets, sliced apples tossed and a tangy dressing was delicious. And we shared the I AM AWESOME Herb-cornmeal crusted eggplant parmesan, in a non-gluten wrap, with marinara sauce, cashew ricotta, sliced heirloom tomatoes, arugula and basil. Their eggplant parmesan was really good. I'd be happy to have that again soon.

They offer 90 minute validated parking. No outside seating, but who knows what'll happen in the summer. I have to warn you that when the place is busy - THE ROOM IS LOUD. I mean super loud. If you can go during off hours, you may have a more peaceful experience. There was a big community table, so don't hesitate to eat there alone. It's a bright room, very nice, and the servers are super friendly. They don't mind answering questions. I had lots of questions. They also don't flinch when you ask to have something left off the plate.

As with many of the restaurants serving healthier foods, it is not inexpensive. But for Los Angeles, it is typical - not excessive. Portions are large enough to share. I felt like the food was worth the money, for sure.

I'm sure I'll go back. I want to try some of the other delicious-sounding dishes.

• Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“I am not vegan, but can honestly say this was really really good food.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Their juices and smoothies were really good. Felt really good after eating gluten-free carrot- raisin muffin and their mushroom tea with cacao, cinnamon, and honey (much like good coffee with little cream and sugar). Their "you are thriving" soup was also really good. The portions were large so we are taking some items to go. We will definitely be back to try new things!