“some very good dishes”

Gingergrass
Ranked #1,624 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had the curry fish & it was really great; the eggplant dish was also very good. The kids' noodle/rice + chicken was not so good, but the calamari appetizer was perfect. The beer list is very good and the wine list is pretty good, especially for viet. We came early (6) to avoid the crowd and noise; I think one problem is that they crank the music as the crowd grows (owner: TURN OFF the music!). I look forward to coming back (perhaps w/o kids) to try other dishes on the extensive menu. ($100 for 5 people)

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Gingergrass serves delicious healthy food in a clean, but loud, utilitarian setting. The Coconut Curry Cod, The Pan Seared Salmon, The fried Calamari, The Bahn Mi the Salads and Black Jasmine rice are all excellent. The service is friendly and efficient. The portions are small and the prices a little high but it hasn't stopped me from going back. Lunch for two $30 to $40, and dinner $50 to $70. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place never disappoints. The noodle dishes are awesome. And the desserts are always an amazingly pleasant surprise at the end of a meal (the coconut lime bars are to die for.) Their one signature salad with the jack fruit is mind-blowing. This place has it all with no pretension or ridiculousness. Lots of choices for vegans/vegetarians too. If you are in Silverlake or visiting and want to catch an authentic Silverlake vibe this is the place to visit. Plenty of parking and the new gingersnap bar next door makes it worth checking out.

2  Thank Michael-and-Jose
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've been to Gingergrass twice now - and both times I've loved the food! I could eat a bucketful of their fried calamari - and the Banh Mi was excellent. The dinner menu is good as well. On my most recent visit I had the Pan Seared Salmon on Black Jasmine Rice and it was so good! The salmon was perfectly cooked and had a nice crust from the pan sear. Next time I'll try the Pho!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

It's so nice to find healthy and inventive dishes without any of the pretension or high prices. A relaxed and youthful ambience, the food is always good.

We love the vegetarian Pho !