“A lot of people talk about "authentic" Mexican food, but Mexico City goes beyond that and successfully...”
Review of Mexico City

Mexico City
Ranked #1,501 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed June 26, 2008

A lot of people talk about "authentic" Mexican food, but Mexico City goes beyond that and successfully re-invents the cuisine to perfection. Try one of the signature specials like Chiles en Nogada: breaded poblano chile pepper drowned in an incredible walnut sauce and topped with juicy fresh pomegranate seeds. And if you are a fan of lime margaritas like myself, these are quite possibly the best in town. With one of the most creative Mexican menus you'll ever find, I recommend Mexico City to anyone who wants to go beyond the taco stand and find the deep, rare grooves of everything Mexican food has to offer.

Reviewed May 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I went to Mexico City on a whim last Friday night.

First of all, the 'ritas were great...and not with the "special" tequila...

The food was also very good. We ordered the Queso Fundido to start (melted cheese w/ chorizo). Very good, and I order that dish EVERYWHERE I go that has it.

My boyfriend ordered what turned out to be the best Chiliquiles I"ve ever had. They used this great green sauce. And the dish was so plentiful that he filled up that night and had enough left over for both of us to enjoy a Saturday morning snack.
I got the Chiles en Nogadas. Very very good.

The part I espeically appriciated is that with one alcoholic drink, an appetizer and two specials, the bill was under $40. Nice.

No problems with the service, ambiance or food...maybe it was luck, but I'll be returning soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 11, 2008

Don't go for the "Mexican" food. Go for the margaritas and try the Pollo Mexica, a roasted half chicken with yummy sides.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Totally sick! This isn't authentic Mexican food! There was so much grease on my [jack] cheese quesadillas, I could've fried chicken on them! No way in hell would I go back there, unless I was in the mood for nastiness.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook