“Good, but I've had better”
Review of Mexico City

Mexico City
Ranked #1,236 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Mexican food at Mexico City is good -- no complaints. And the prices are reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Mexico City

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I agree with most of the earlier reviewers - this place is loud and it was not easy to have a conversation with five people. The service was friendly, but our server was rarely to be seen on a very busy Saturday night. The food was very good with generous portions and reasonably priced. They had a special "pumpkin-influenced" green mole which I tried and thought was great. I couldn't say whether this is "traditional/authentic" food, but it was a good value for the price. A good place to eat after visiting the Griffith Observatory or Park.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stumbled upon this place tonight in my search for another restaurant. I liked the food very much. It's a bit noisy though - could just be because it's sat night. Just something to be aware of.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

It is loud, but the food is excellent. The mole was the best I have ever had. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

The food here was excellent. All the dishes were tasty and very authentic. I would come back for the food but it is a noisy plce. Bad acoustics. The sound bounces off the walls. I could hear what people were saying two tables away.