“DINE LA”
Review of Tam O'Shanter

Tam O'Shanter
Reserve with OpenTable
Tam O'Shanter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Irish, Scottish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boyce
Description: Delighting diners for 90 years, the Tam O'Shanter is Los Angeles' oldest restaurant operated by the same family in the same location. Enjoy good cheer, warm hospitality and exceptional food in a cozy old world atmosphere. If you have some Scottish ancestry, you might even find your family tartan among the extensive collection decorating the walls!
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went during Dine LA. Food was really good. Both the BF and I had the prime rib. We ordered creamed spinach and creamed corn. Both were tasty. This restaurant looks like it belongs in Disneyland. Very much like Lawry's, but cheaper!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My favorite is the prime rib sandwich available at the sandwich carving station. Sandwich meat is carved to order and stacked on the roll of your choice (Kaiser roll is my preference). I also like the dark, "man cave" atmosphere, which I find relaxing. I heard Friday night is Celtic night and it must be true since I saw several gentlemen wearing kilts. In short, very good food, fun atmosphere and a piece of history.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The atmosphere in the Tam O'Shanter is wonderful only to be outdone by the prime rib! Every time we are out in Los Angeles, we try to go at least once and always making it our last meal before flying out.
The service has always been excellent. This is a must try!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

You can tell that this place has been around a long time, 90 years to be exact. If you are in the area and like prime rib. Portions are huge. Nothing here is subtle.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been coming to the Tam O'Shanter for brunch on December 24th for years (we visit other days during the year as well). The food is outstanding. The grandsons and daughter pronounced the prime rib as fantastic, my leg of lamb was perfect, and my husband never tires of turkey! The meals are so complete we didn't have room for desert. Someday I will order the toffee pudding first! The carrolers sing requests and dressed in old England period costumes. If you go for lunch on non-holiday days, you must try the sandwich bar with hand carved meats and cheeses accompanied by slaw and veggies.