“Unique experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Polka

Polka
Ranked #770 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brea, California
“Unique experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Great polish food in a tiny, family run, one-stove kitchen. Not a great area. Must have reservations or you stand outside in a strip mall. A truly cultural experience.

Visited January 2012

Monrovia, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Its been a while since I was there. Long before I saw it on triple D. I was by myself. I ordered the sauerkraut pierogi. They were OK but not made with Polish mushrooms but just with ordinary while mushrooms. Not much flavor to them. When I asked about that the waitress said Polish mushrooms are too expensive. You can purchase dried Polish mushrooms and after reconstituting they go a long way and impart lots of flavor. Waitress not particularly friendly. I didn't speak Polish to her, maybe that might have helped for friendly er service. Service was not attentive even though it was not crowded. I may try again for the nalesniki. I checked out the vegal (sp?) seasoning that they use and it has MSG in it which I avoid. I also never heard any Polish cook using curry powder.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank my3furkids
Southern California
“Decent Polish food for Southern California”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Saw this reviewed by Huell Howser and never heard of it before. So went there several times traveling more than two hours by car. Both midweek lunch. Avoid weekends when it seems it can be too busy! We saw no more than three tables of people during our visits. Service was very good at that time. We all enjoyed the food both times we were there. But the second time we decided it was not worth the long trip. Especially after my mother, 93, with a walker, slowly went to the toilet and passed the kitchen only to see a nightmare of... lack of cleanliness. To put it mildly. The pierogy were ok but you will rarely find any better than your mom's if she ever made any. It was the same with the cabbage rolls. What you grew up with will be tough to beat. But we enjoyed them anyway. The soup was fine. The salads a bit heavy with corn for some reason. We were amused by the decore which is surealistic and probably not what you'd expect to see in a restaurant in Poland.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank C_Slim
Trzemeszno
“Contact with me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

I need a contact with Boss of Polka. Andzej, If somebody has e-mail to him, please help me.

Marek

Canton, Georgia
“Best food we've had in years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

Saw this restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and being of Polish descent, knew we had to try it on our next trip to Los Angeles. It was a little out of the way, but well worth the trip! All three members of our dining party felt it was one of the best meals we've ever eaten! Just like my grandmother used to make! I had the pierogi with sauerkraut and mushroom - absolutely delicious. My husband had the hunter's stew (bigos) and said the same thing.... I just wish we didn't live in Georgia and could come here more often!

2 Thank puppymama1