All reviews each pod communal space arts district los feliz place to stay little tokyo big room the location is perfect union station downtown la hollywood blvd definitely stay here again comfortable beds venice beach free breakfast hostel privacy
Reviewed June 29, 2018

My first day on my vacation went smooth, I wish I could re-live it. I stayed at the Podshare located in the Arts District, downtown area of Los Angeles.

The location is convenient and very close to Union Station, the facilities are immaculate, the area is safe (even though my Uber driver disagrees), refrigerator and dry food spot to keep your food is very organized, bathroom are small but you are not in there all day. This is not a private room, you will see your neighbor in the pod next or across from you. I met several people from all over the world and every person was very respectful of my things and space.

The BEST thing about the Podshare was the SPECIAL ATTENTION by the staff. Joe and Carolyn are nice, charming, and funny, they work perfectly together - WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, I wish I could take them home with me. They both go out of their way even if they are not "on the clock" to make your stay perfect.

I highly recommend the Podshare Downtown to everyone who wants to be treated like royalty.

Room tip: If you check out early get a bottom bed. If you need another blanket, just ask.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank SkyM173
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

The only reason this is getting 2 stars and not one is the amazing bed in the pod. But to the point the pods are all open and have a rule where you can't have any privacy and if you try they will pull it down!!????!!
The toilets are a joke where you can't properly sit down on them without ur knees fully pushing into the blinds (that's right not doors but just pantry style doors!) Way over priced for this and there's a 10 PM cut off where you can't get back in! Wtf.
All in all don't book here, also because u can't find it for a while because there's no signs at all on the streets!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Elvina B, Manager at PodShare, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Hey Paddy you are entitled to your opinion but point of clarification: PodShare has no curfew so using the door code provided, people come and go anytime they wish. I’m surprised you did not see people coming in late through the night but maybe that’s because you had a great sleep

We stand by our no privacy/no tenting policy as that’s the way our community polices itself from harm like bringing strangers home, potential drug use and innaporpriate behavior that can make others uncomfortable. I understand having no privacy made you uncomfortable but the space was safe, and that’s what’s important to us.

We aren’t a hostel, but a co-living space where some people live many months so it’s important that we strike a good communal housing balance.

Sorry you couldn’t easily find us - we send an email and text message reminder with a picture of our entry. Our logo is on our exterior door and have a phone number to help.

Thanks for trying it! No need to stay at the other PodShares again but we do comparison comps and are definitely one of (if not the only) affordable housing option in the neighborhoods of LA that we’re in.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights and it was awesome. Shower was quiet and we did not Disturb anyone when we showered late, we didn't get to use the TV but it's cool how each pod has their own with input for headphones, and the staff was nice friendly and welcoming.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Wed 6/13/2018, 11:43 AM
Hey Guys

I'm just getting to my emails Yes the whole team was Awesome you Each bring your flavor to the Pod Share for that I thank you!.

And the Owner/girls have built a great community for the Hostel World.

I do plan to get back on the 29th of June please arrange a stay weekly And excited to return to the Sunshine!

Thanks Again...David

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Great idea with great people running it. Really loved my short but sweet stay at the Pod Share! Will be sure to use it again at some time in the future. Everyone there is extremely welcome.

There's lots of place within walking distance nearby and the location is spot on if you want to visit anywhere in LA

Date of stay: January 2018