“Great way to visit LA”
Review of PodShare

PodShare
“Great way to visit LA”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been with two friends to the pod and we had a good time right next to the walk of fame. The people were really nice and the environment very positive. If you look for a nice hostel this is certainly one of your best options!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The only thing I'm looking for is a wonderful trip that I won't forget. Podshare gave me way more than that. You won't feel boring even if you just stay in the lobby. Also you will make a lot of awesome friends here

1 Thank WeiMao
Sydney
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was hands down one of the best places I stayed throughout my six months of travel. The pods and free facilities make it perfect for relaxing, however the design of the room makes it really easy to meet people and socialise.
The location is excellent, right on Hollywood Boulevard - and close to all the must-try restaurants and bars. Short walk to bus-stops to make your way to Santa Monica, Venice Beach etc.
Above all else, the staff are incredibly passionate and welcoming. It won't be long before there's PodShare's all over the world - and I'll be hitting up each one :)

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed at many hostels across previous travels around the world and I can clearly say that PodShare is a very cool place to stay! Friendly staff, less people that you actually get to meet, individual TVs in each of these comfortable pods and awesome location right on Hollywood Bvd! If you're traveling to LA, solo or with friends, you should definitely check it out, give it a try, or recommend it to your friends! You won't find any better! By the way, this was my 2nd stay this year for NYE and I might certainly come again next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am an Aussie girl who was travelling alone around the US. As soon as I arrived at Podshare I was welcomed into their fun and close community and made some awesome friends! Podshare is the best place to stay in Hollywood, close proximity to tourist attractions and safe! I never felt unsafe and always had the help of an awesome staff member if I needed directions or just to hang out with!

• Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

One of the coolest and most chilled out places that I've ever stayed! I met the best people on my trip and only wish that I'd stayed longer! The location is great and the people are even better. If you're looking for somewhere where you'll have fun and meet new people, then this is the place for you!

1 Thank Little_traveller2014
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I had been travelling around the US for about a month before I made it to Los Angeles, and had stayed in a variety of hostel types (big and small), but none are quite like PodShare. This was easily the coolest, sociable and most fun of all the places that I visited.

I was cheerily greeted by Emily, who gave me a quick tour of the place and showed me my bed (which is known as a pod)

All of the pods are in one big room, but there is still a good sense of privacy when you're tucked away in your pod. If you want to chill by yourself, each pod has a tv with netflix, hulu, pandora and more, and the beds are quite comfortable. Also, even though the setup is very open and communal, everyone has access to their own locker to store any valuables they might have, so the security doesn't suffer at all.

The only minor drawback was that there is only one toilet/bathroom, which might mean a bit of a wait if the place is full, unless you have cat like reflexes. The bathroom itself is a lot nicer than most hostels though, so it balances out!

However, in my opinion the best aspect of PodShare is the fun vibe. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful, and are also more than willing to hangout with you if you can't think of anything to do. I stayed over New Year's Eve and they threw a fun party for any guests (or "podestrians") who didn't have plans, and it was actually a lot of fun (there was some classic beer pong action, and some podestrians even cooked some nice food). This highlighted the fun and sociable atmosphere of PodShare.

I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a fun, reasonably priced place to stay in Hollywood!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo