PodShare
$362
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
$430
$203
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$575
$171
$167
  • Pool
All reviewseach podpersonal tvcommunal spacearts districtinteresting stories to sharerecording studiosuper coolamazing place to staygreat kitchenhollywood locationleft openlos felizfelt like homehollywood vineshower gelenjoy your stayvisit la
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at Podshare for just under two months while I attended a class in LA and I am so glad that I chose to stay here. Everything about Podshare makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
If you are traveling by yourself this place is a must, especially if you are wanting to meet new people and make friends. Community is a big thing and there were many times when most people staying chose to hang out at Podshare rather than explore the city. If you are needing time to relax however you can always chill in your pod.
Staff at Podshare are awesome and the area is safe and centrally located close to lots of bars, cafes, supermarkets and the Metro.
I hope to go back in the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in one of the studio apartments - not the pod-hostel like the other reviewers.

PROS: Location, location, location, between Hollywood & Sunset, near Vine, and right in the heart of great dining, nightlife and tourist attractions. Very reasonable pricing on the apartment and NO cleaning fees! Clean sheets, bathroom, and kitchen. Free internet and internet TV and movies. Easy to book and easy communications with owner. Super friendly and helpful staff who almost made me want to hang out with them for the evening instead of go to my show. Also, you pay a little extra for onsite, secure parking, but very worth it.

CONS: NOISE! It was mid week and the next door neighbors sounded like they were practicing for a DJ gig and had pushed the speakers right up to the adjoining wall just for our listening pleasure - or maybe it actually was a DJ gig happening - I'm not sure. The silly fish tank that supports a single fish with enough loud, popping bubbles to supply a deep sea diver's lungs, along with the obscenely noisome electrical power supply to the darn thing. The continually self-flushing ghost toilet. The noisy fridge (yeah, I unplugged it). And the general veneer of unclean over the rest living area, which made me feel like I needed to wash my hands every time I came into contact with it.

All in all though, I would absolutely recommend this place. The price was right and the people were friendly. Just needs a bit of a clean and for the fish to find new pastures to swim in. 3 stars for value and location,1 star for ease of booking and stay, 1 docked for overall cleanliness and inside (controllable by management) noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to save on our four-night stay in Hollywood while we attended a film festival, and took a chance staying at this hostel after reading reviews online that made it sound OK. It was exactly as we'd read and, while not fancy or glamorous in any way (minus the three-hour TV pilot shoot that took over the place the Saturday night we were there), it was safe, comfortable, and perfectly fine. The "pods" offer no privacy, but no one bothered us in our little bed area, which came with a TV and Netflix, as well as eye masks to keep out the light from other "podsters" and ear plugs. There's only one bathroom, shared by everyone staying in the pod, which actually wasn't a problem because we were all on such different schedules. During the day, I felt completely safe, but at night the side street we were on might've felt a little unsafe for a girl alone at night. We paid $10/night to park in a lot nearby, which was very convenient, although I'd say if you have a nice car this might not be for you; it was a chaotic, crazy little lot that seemed to cram a lot of cars in. They'd often have to drive somewhere else to get our car when we needed it, but they were always friendly and quick. The staff who took care of check-in each day were really nice.

Room Tip: We had a lower pod rather than an upper pod, which I'd recommend. There's a little more privacy in the upper pods, but it seemed like a pain to climb up and down the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Literally the best hostel I have ever stayed at...it feels like you are just staying over at a good friends apartment. I have nothing else to add that all the other reviews didn't mention, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I highly recommend the PodShare in LA! We are a group of 5 girls who stayed there for 2 nights in the beginning of April. This is honestly the best kind of hostel I've ever been staying in. Elvina, the owner is a wonderful host that will help you in any ways to make the most of your stay. The concept is unique, based on sharing experiences among travellers. Such a great community! Location really central, 2 min from Hollywood Boulevard and 5 min from the metro! Great places to eat and to go shopping around the hostel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends