“Nice neighborhood find”

Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lankershim
Transit: Metro Rail and BRT service Red Line Metro Rail service hours are approximately 5:00am until 12:45am daily. Metro Liner Orange Line BRT (Bus Rapid Transitway) service hours are approximately 4:00am until 1:00am daily.
Description: Bow & Truss features a small plates menu of Latin cuisine, created by executive chef Stefhanie Meyers. Chef Meyers’ menu is beautifully complimented by a unique list of domestic and Latin wines, craft beers and culinary cocktails designed by Marcos Tellos and Aidan Demarest of Liquid Assets. Bow & Truss is praised for its ambiance and aesthetic, with an interior dining room boasting exposed brick and a voluminous bow ceiling. A large patio, completely walled from the street, transports you to the beaches of Spain with crushed granite sand, umbrellas, and an exterior bar. Whether dining inside or out, the Bow & Truss experience is perfectly balanced between exquisite food and cocktails made from the soul. Bow & Truss is warm and inviting, perfect for a neighborhood evening, or a trip over the hill for an exciting experience. Located in the heart of the NoHo Arts District, Bow & Truss strives to maintain an artistic approach to food and drink, while remaining approachable and relaxed.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The skinny-

Parking: street meters, there is a pay lot behind the laemmle theater
Service: good
Coke factor: slightly watery from bar
Food: excellent

We had ordered the meat and cheese appetizer plate and it was excellent. In addition to 3 cheeses, 3 kinds of meat, pepitas, jams, bread, and 2 mustards. So delicious that we only ordered one more dish, the shrimp tacos. The tacos were also delicious but they are small and you won't want to share!
It was nice to sit outside and enjoy our meal!

There are newer reviews for Bow & Truss

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant is not the easiest to find, but once you do, you will want to go back. The small plates food concept is great for sharing with a large group, but the paella is awesome! Great service that was not rushed and pushy like many restaurants in LA!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was a Friday night, and we valet parked and walked into a large open courtyard that had a bar and seating on one side, and regular meal service tables on the other. The hostess said it would be a 25 minute wait, so we tried to find seats at the bar inside the restaurant. Waited and waited....there are hostesses inside and outside and once we were inside, the noise was so deafening we preferred to be outside...but there was a very long wait. The place was buzzing....but we finally nabbed two bar stools at the inside bar, still lacking one more..and after another 15 minutes passed without the bartender even acknowledging we were there, we sent our unseated third friend back outside to assess the situation. It looked hopeless, but he motioned us outside as he grabbed 3 seats at a high bar table, and once we sat down, our waitress was great. We lucked out.
The menu and the approach to dining is so interesting. There is a Mexican/Spanish influence, but with many twists. My dinner companions raved about the charcuterie board for us to share, so I let them make the selections..sausages, serrano ham, all kinds of Spanish cheeses, all served with homemade jam and roasted pepitas....and delicious bread.
There's shrimp tacos, empanadas, fabulous seafood paella, and a grilled flatiron steak served with white beans and chimichurri sauce.
They even have a red or white sangria, too...and a menu of original cocktails. There's Spanish cheesecake for dessert...big enough to share.
Reservations are taken but not sure it makes a big difference. This is a huge industrial type space and a great addition to the hip NoHo scene.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

First - this place is in North Hollywood, and not West Hollywood as listed above. This great restaurant is in the heart of NoHo Arts District. Next to theaters, comedy clubs, and few other fun places to eat.
This was my 4th time visiting. Two times I sat at the bar. The other two at a booth. I had the same bartender twice and both times he was totally terrible. Very little customer service. Just taking and bringing orders. During my second visit at the bar my vodka on the rocks had something crunchy in it. Not until my tongue started bleeding, that I realized that it was broken glass. I immediately told him about it and since I've worked in restaurants most of my life, I told him to melt and change all the ice right away. Without much genuine concern he asked me if I wanted another drink. The way he asked made me feel not all that comfortable to say yes to it and I just waved it off. I just think that in this type of a situation, this guy should have used the best vodka he had and remade my drink without asking me whether I want one or not. I guess that's just something that I would do. I would have also offered free food and dessert, but again - that's just me.
Nevertheless, this restaurant continues to impress me, even though this guy keeps his attitude crappy and his customer service kind of blah.
All the managers, servers, and other bartenders are superb. They are knowledgable, personable, owner-type attitude, and make everyone feel welcomed and at home.

On this night I ordered Red Sangria, $8. Roasted Beet Salad, $11, Sope, $10 and my friend got Pork Cheek Stew, $10, and Evolution Paella for 2, $23. I also got a Sierra Hef on Draft and for dessert we had Tres Leche.

Everyone has a roasted beet salad these days, so I am not particularly impressed with this one. It is very good, but does not stand out is the ONE. great young arugula, in wonderful vinaigrette. Big pieces of beets and goat cheese with pumpkin seeds ( i think ) and walnuts. really great started especially if you are a vegetarian. The sope was great. A little pancake of quinoa with similar young arugula and pumpkin seeds and some burata on top.
Stephanie, the head chef came up to the table to explain couple of dishes to me when I had a question. I find this to be a great touch in any restaurant. At the end of the day we are all foodies to a degree and when we see who is in charge of what goes in our mouth, this creates sort of a connection with the owners, restaurant, the kitchen, the food, etc. I've gone to Spago in Beverly Hills maybe 3 times in my life. Every time I've been there Wolfgang Puck has stopped by the table. So, it's not the celebrity part of it, but it's the connection that I feel. Great job Stephanie!!!
I was going to order an entree of Pork Cheek and Figs. She encouraged me to get the appetizer version of the Pork cheek stew instead and wow - what a great idea. I have cooked something similar with lamb, a moroccan dish. This had the flavors of the middle east and a touch of India, and it was simply superb. The pork melted in my mouth.
The evolution paella was really great as well. I loved that the rice was moist and crisp on the bottom as it is suppose to be in Spain. The seafood and the meat were tender and delicious. It had too many bell peppers for my taste, but all in all it was really good.

The dessert was lovely. Moist, small, and delicious.

Parking can be rough in the area, so if your fat, lazy, butts can't walk for a block, I think you can valet on the weekends.

This place can remind you of a nice, big downtown loft. Lots of great outdoor seating which will be filled in the summer I am sure. Great bar scene and many locals hang out here. Great place for a date or a party.

Check this place out - really good!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Despite TripAdvisor listing this place in West Hollywood, it's actually in North Hollywood, a place in between LA proper and the valley; a place we drive by on the 101.

Bow & Truss is a Latin based eatery with gourmet cuisine, craft beer and handcrafted cocktails; Bow & Truss has made a believer in me in NoHo as a cool place to hangout. A former auto shop, the impressive space is now a refined yet casual spot perfect for a date or a nice night out with friends. Resident mixologist Jonny Whitton will steer you right with killer cocktails such as his Southern Tune Old Fashioned, and his jalapeño-infused Signal Fire—it’s a winner!

You can’t go wrong with the Roasted Beet Salad—a perfect starter, as well as the Shelled Paella, prepared with clams, shrimp, mussels, scallops, chorizo and chicken, and the Pork Cheek—braised pork cheeks with figs and peppers on a bed of yellow quinoa—delish! But favorite menu items are the tacos. The Fried Mahi Mahi, and Pork Belly Tacos are tasty but my fave are the Chicken Confit Tacos—prepared with confit in duck fat and achiote paste and pickled shallots. All tacos are served ala carte, and for $8 ($7 for chicken) you get three plentiful servings that are more knife-and-fork fare than simple finger food. Who knew the other side of the hill had it going on? Go, getaway and indulge!