All reviews chinese theatre ac worked well room was clean bit worn can't beat the location heart of downtown hollywood area fame key
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m not normally one to write a review, but I thought on this occasion I really had to set the record straight. I was slightly worry about this hotel after reading some of the negative reviews, but you know what? It really wasn’t that bad. It’s location is second to none, across the street to the beginning of the walk of fame, 5 minutes walk to the Chinese theatre and all the main tourist attractions. The room itself was quite big, the bed was super comfortable but only had 2 pillows (ok if like me you only use 1). It was clean but just a bit old and worn, which is cool because all I want is a clean bed and bathroom and that’s what I got. The aircon unit was pretty noisy but I turned the temperature up a couple of degrees and it turned the snarling growling beast into a purring kitten. At no point did I feel unsafe. I went in with very low expectations and happily I was very pleasantly surprised. It’s definately somewhere I would consider staying again if I wanted to stay in the Hollywood area.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LorraineSissons
Reviewed September 26, 2018

It really is what it is. THere's no luxury but the place is clean and the rooms tidy. No smoke smells etc. The parking is free which another bonus. The only issue I had was when arriving i waited for 5 minutes while the reception person continued to type on his phone. I must have been at least visible in his peripheral vision. I spotted a bell on the counter and rang it and then all was ok.

Location is key here. You walk out of this hotel and within 2 minutes your are in the heart of downtown Hollywood. Everything from there is very accessible. For me I was only staying one night but it served the purpose. It was also very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Nice staff; easy check in; close to the hub bub of Hollywood walk of fame. Staff works very hard to be accommodating. even though hotel is near walk of fame, it is super quiet. Check in was a breeze. If you are traveling for the fun of Hollywood, you can park your car at the hotel and never get back in it. Everything is super close.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Conveniently located at the very beginning of the walk of fame in hollywood blvd, offers a very simple complimentary breakfast (coffee, a few doughnuts-hurry if you want to grab one!).The whole motel could use a refurbishment as no one seems to have touched it form the 1950s. Watch out for hair in the towels/sheets...

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2018

This place is disgusting. It was about $115.00 per night, only stayed one night. It doesn't look as bad from the outside as it does on the inside. To call this place a dump, is giving dumps a bad name. Our shower had items left there from the last people that stayed there (no the shower wasn't cleaned). Stay far away from this place.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple