“Never flew a plane until now”
Review of Air Tours LA

and up
Malibu Canyon and Coast Air Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded and managed by professional pilots, Air Tours LA by ALG Aviation is the leader in aerial sightseeing throughout Los Angeles. Offering the best helicopter tours, airplane rides, hands-on introductory flight lessons, air taxi services, and private jet charters. Our tours will show you everything you want to see in Los Angeles with customizable routes that allow you the most to meet your needs. Contact us today for more information. We look forward to serving you!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My two sons and I took a flight lesson with ALG on July 7, the day after the San Francisco crash. You can imagine the jokes, but our pilot, Zohrab Grigorian, was terrific and put us all at ease. Z is a real professional and was both patient and good humored with a novice like me. He went out of his way to explain everything from the controls to the maneuvers. And the view over Van Nuys and Malibu was incredible. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Mike D
ALGAviation, Owner at Air Tours LA, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your time, and we are glad that your family had a great experience with us! Please be sure to look us up the next time you're in town. Take care!

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

It was such a great experience. Thanks a lot for great services. The pilot was able to guide us through all detail before the flight. He's friendly and that made us feel comfortable for the whole flight. Great experience overall.

ALGAviation, Owner at Air Tours LA, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your air tour experience with us! We're very glad you had a great time on your flight and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

After narrowing down things to do in our short stop (2 days) in LA, I realized that the best way to see it all would be from the air. It looks like there are more than a few plane tour companies, and based off reviews I chose ALG.

After calling and negotiating a great price we set a time - we were on a road trip, so the timing was tight. As it turns out, our scheduled time wasn't going to work in terms of weather - and I'm not one to mess around when our lives (and more importantly, our awesome views!) are at stake!

Zorhab was very accommodating, and we picked a time for the next day. He kept in constant contact with us in terms of the weather for the rescheduled time, and luckily it worked out with us.

The waiting area was nice (it's a waiting area for private jets, so there is great coffee, snacks, popcorn, etc)

I wanted to put our Go Pro on the underbelly of the plane (with a suction mount) and Zorhab went out with me to the plane (while my girlfriend was sipping on the champagne) and we tested it out. He really wanted to fulfil the request but we opted to mount it inside the plane, which was still cool.

Our route was very nice, over the huge houses, around the hollywood sign, downtown LA, and then over to Santa Monica. He added some extra time which was very nice of him!

I've already told some friends that are on their way to LA about the experience and showed off some of the great photos - and I'm thinking of using ALG in the future to fly from LA to San Jose, hopefully up the coast.

Don't hesitate to contact ALG, it will be well worth it. Be flexible and realize that they don't control the weather!

1  Thank Matyyz
ALGAviation, Owner at Air Tours LA, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review of you experience with us!!We also appreciate you uploading pictures from our flight. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future. Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was hands down one of the best times I have had in a long time!!!! I always want to know what it would be like to fly an actual plane, and ALG totally made that possible!!!! They literally allow you to take over the controls while in the air, they made it extremely comfortable and made me feel really safe while that high in the sky! For the price you can't beat this I highly suggest that you guys fly with them there one of the best!!!

Jacob Broussard

1  Thank Jacob B
ALGAviation, Owner at Air Tours LA, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review about your experience with us, Jacob! It was a pleasure to fly with you, and we're very happy that you had a great time on your flight with us!!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I got a voucher from Travelzoo, and surprised my bf with this flight experience for our anniversary. We had so much fun, and Zohrab was truly delightful and very nice. He explained everything very thoroughly, and Chris was allowed to take off, land, do turns, and just had a great time. Views were beautiful, ride was smooth, total flight was about 30 min, which felt like 5 minutes- time flies when you're having fun- and flying I guess.

1  Thank Faleshia L
ALGAviation, Owner at Air Tours LA, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments, Faleshia! We're glad the both of you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!