“Not fancy but solid”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have come here with friends on several occasions. It. Is a neighborhood restaurant with an outdoor eating area out front and a moderate number of tables inside. The menu is somewhat simple with several soups ( we have enjoyed the mushroom soup ) several dinner salad choices (my wife and our friend are partial to the beet salad and I have enjoyed the tri tip salad, they also have s small but interesting assortment of entrees. A couple of pasta and seafood dishes, a tri-tip dinner, several other meat and fish choices. They allow you to B Y O B and have no corkage fee. If you are looking for simple well prepared food in Woodland Hills this is worth a visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Within walking distance from our house, this new gem of a restaurant was quite a treat. Outstanding food, great value, good service. No alcohol license yet but no corkage fee so BYOB encouraged! The only downside is that the walls and floors are hard and the room noisy. So prepare to eat rather than talk!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before going there. The food was good, but not amazing. The prices are average. They can use some help redesigning the sign and outside (along with menues). When you look from the street it looks like a caffeteria. Inside is much nicer. You can bring your own wine, which is nice. May go back for lunch, not dinner.

1  Thank freemaee
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a group of 4. Service was very good. So was the food. The only negative, and it was minor, was that it was a little noisy, particularly when there were a lot of people waiting for tables. But it must be a good place if so many people are waiting for tables, right?

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I wanted to try something new on a Friday evening and found this spot through yelp .

I was impressed by the menu,  pictures of the food and the more than reasonable pricing and decided to try it out.  It was amazing and most importantly did we get value for the price?   Answer:more than 200 percent!

They don't have a liquor license which I preferred. We got to take our own bottle of wine with NO corkage fee.

I really liked the menu with limited but amazing options for appetizers,  soups, salads, entrees and dessert.  Additionally,  they have a "special" menu of the day.   (note in Sundays they have a brunch menu...can't wait to try that)

We ordered both appetizers; the taquitos with that lobster sauce are amazing!!!!   Its a fusion of flavor in your mouth leaving you womdering what just happened?   And the  shrimp scampi with the perfect little French fries awsome as well, my son loved those.

Then the soup..OMG. The clam chowder has this out of this world taste...it's like smoky and spicy but not too spicy and it's just like nothing I have ever tasted.

The sea bass was delicious and my husband ordered the chicken with the mushroom sauce also incredible.  We topped dinner off with the fabulous bread pudding,  which was absolutely perfect.

The chef is the owner!  We watched him the entire time making the entrees, checking them etc    And his mother "works" there as well,  adorable lady.   We got to talking to her and I was so happy to see her right there with her son, supporting him in his new venture.    (he has been catering for more than 15 years and decided to try out  a restaurant...we are lucky he did!!)

To me the experience  was like having dinner at a friends house who happens to be an amazing chef, friendly staff, nice ambience, excellent food and the price was awsome.   Enjoy it now, as often ad you can,   taste everything,  before he raises his prices which I'm sure will happen sooner or later.

Make it a great day!