“Love it”

Ranked #3 of 353 Coffee & Tea in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this place during the week. On weekends it can get crazy busy so be warned there may be a wait for service and a table. Open early to late so that is a bonus. $3 valet parking across the street during the day if you can't find a street spot in the neighborhood. In the evening the car park across the street is usually free.
I live in the neighborhood so I frequent this place more than once a week.
Fabulous espresso drinks and so many great menu choices. I'm a vegetarian and have no problem ordering a delicious meal or snack here. On the cooler days I opt for one of their soups; usually the butternut squash one or lentil chili soup. The bread that comes with the soup is heavenly. If I am more peckish I'll devour a butternut squash pizza that it out of this world. For brunch, you can't beat apt heir breakfast burrito. For lunch their sandwiches are truly scrumptious.
I know some people say this place is pricey but this is LA not Minnesota so prices are what they are. I don't think they are any higher than similar establishments and given that the food is really good I think it is worth the $s.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

really cute coffee house, and the spanish latte is great! I'm only rating it average bec the place can get crazy packed and their seating system is ridiculous. they had guys prowling the tables with walky-talkies making sure no one got a table unless you had a number in line, but most ppl just got their stuff and left bec it was so crowded. dont come here on weekends, its a zoo!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My daughter takes me here to show me just how much she loves this place and now I love it too. The crowd is very hip LA, artsy and akin to lower east side and Soho in NYC. Every time we are here thereis a police officer, the sheriff or someone of that caliber getting food which is a sure sign of how good it is. Had the green tea mixed with ice in a bubble tea style- so good; the Mditerranean platter and lentil soup :YumYum. Their coffee is aromatic and well brewed so grabbed a cappucino and a cookie for later in case my daughter didn't show for dinner. I have to say that I am a baker and this oatmeal raisin cookie was spectacular. Just the right consistency and crispiness ( I know my cookies). This trip I have to say they were so incredibly NICE and folded up the umbrellas and turned on the heaters outside. LA has been cold lately and this just made the whole experience, to be outside and comfortable was GREAT. Thank you to the manager.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Over priced over hyped over trendy, but the food and drinks are really good, i would recommend it and you could see entourage there

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Shallom & Jilla Berkman are the owners of Urth Caffe, They started as a small coffee shop in Manhattan Beach 20yrs ago. They have grown to four locations, and a fifth being built in Pasadena. Their coffee & teas are the Best, not run of the mill. Their food is wonderful, they
even bake their own bread and pastries. All the Urth Caffes' are worth a visit. You order at
the counter, and your food is brought to your table. A bit noisy at the lunch hour.