“Chinese Chicken Salad, Yum!”
Review of Take A Bao

Take A Bao
Ranked #1,431 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tel 818-691-7223. It's a different location than the location listed in Trip Advisor on Santa Monica Blvd.
Fremont, California
“Chinese Chicken Salad, Yum!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Chinese Chicken Salad takeout and it was very good, all the fresh ingredients you expect. There is free valet and the staff is accommodating. Go!

• Visited June 2013

San Ramon, California
“We Came For the Bao!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My hubby and I had read about Take A Bao in Westways Magazine awhile back and knew we had to make a stop if we were ever in Studio City. Last weekend, we were passing by Studio City, so made a lunch stop at Take A Bao. We ordered the Bao and loved it! We each had an Original Hoisin Pork Bao. My hubby enjoyed the Pulled Pork Bao and I enjoyed the Thai Peanut Chicken Bao. We also shared an amazing tasting salad.

You place your order at the counter. The food is made fresh and brought out to your table. Everything we ate was tasty good. :-)

Take A Bao is a fun, casual place to dine. The place is clean. The service is excellent. We loved the atmosphere and good vibe of this place.

There is more to the menu than just Bao.

• Visited May 2013
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Extensive Menu”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Clean, modern decor and excellent service. Orders are taken at the counter as you enter, where there is also a board with menu of the day. Everything is cooked fresh. Try the cooked salmon on a bed of rice and vegetables.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Good Place!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A friend and I met for lunch here yesterday....here are my thoughts:

Service: Super friendly cashiers and waiters. Really nice people.

Food: I've only tried one thing on their menu which was the fish special served in a banana leaf. Yesterday's special was snapper with stir-fried vegetables and broken rice. Overall I would say this was pretty good. It had a bit of a kick to it and the vegetables were a bit on the greasy side but the fish and rice were tasty. My friend had the Short Rib Bibimbap and loved it. Presentation of both dishes was great.

Ambiance: Pretty restaurant, loved the decor. We sat on the outdoor patio which was really nice.

Parking: Free valet, can't beat that!

Bottom Line: Not sure I'd drive from Westwood to Studio City for Take a Bao (traffic ia nightmare in that area) but if I'm in the area I'd live to go again.

Visited January 2013
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Took a Bao”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great concept. Great Asian American twist Menu. Speedy service. Would highly recommend for a casual night out. Try one of the Bau sandwiches (sort of like dumpling tacos). Know it sounds funny, but they are great and great value. Counter service where you place your order and it is delivered to the table. Great beer selection.

• Visited December 2012