“Rockin Star Tour - Acceptable but read on......”
Review of Rockin' Hollywood Tours - CLOSED

Rockin' Hollywood Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rockin' Hollywood Tours offers a 2 hour tour of the most interesting and popular places in Los Angeles as seen on TV and film. Visit the celebrity homes in Beverly Hills, Hollywood and the Hollywood Hills. See the most famous celebrity mansions and the celebrity hot spots on the Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive but don't forget to charge your mobile devices for a memorable photo op. at the Hollywood Sign.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our tour guide was very good, however, I would imagine you could get a bad one too. Not sure how this can be avoided with any type of tour. We saw a lot of homes, however, be aware that most homes cannot be seen from the road as they are designed to be private. My husband and I still enjoyed it though and we saw more on this tour than we would have on our own. The van is open and hot (no cover on top) but once traveling it was bearable! There are a lot of tour companies, like this one, so it is very competitive. We paid $20/person instead of the published price of $40/person. I would imagine that is the going price, but you may want to check into it before committing. The tour guide plays music between announcments, thus the name "rockin" As indicated in other reviews, we did see some groups being split up in order to fill a van, so beware of this ahead of time, if you want to sit together. The driver makes one stop where you can exit the van to take a picture of the Hollywood sign. There was a van selling ice cream and water at this location although I'm not sure if he is always there so you may want to bring your own water/beverage.

Tamer R, Manager at Rockin' Hollywood Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Hi, it has been a while however I would like to reach out to you and notify you of some changes to our company. We are under new ownership & management heavily focused on customer service & tour experience. Further we have revamped our entire fleet and our structure. While we appreciate public feedback from customers like yourself, it is feedback such as this that has helped us start over. Things like on-time departures regardless of the number of passengers sitting in the van and uniformed, well trained service staff as well as tour guides for an excellent customer service experience. While we do apologize for your unfortunate experience we hope you will come back for a better experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The manager, guy with blonde spikey hair, was extremely unprofessional. After buying the tickets his attitude changed and was noncaring and very rude. Surprising for someone in a management position. Our group was split up in the van, (was not told before hand that we would have to sit 3 in a row and one person would be by themselves.) After waiting in the van for over a half hour and asking when we would be leaving on our tour that was supposed to have left 30 minutes ago, we were threateningly pointed at and told to sit down and would leave when they were ready by the manager. Once again, shocked at having someone in a management position act this way. Once we were on the tour our driver was very nice and educational. If it werent for the awful management I would give this a good review. If I were this company I would really look into making changes with the management.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Did the Groupon for this tour, $20 for 2 people and that was to much money. Not that I am cheap by any means, but this tour was boring, the driver "saw everything, did everything, knew everyone". You all know THAT person, terrible for a tour driver. I saw more places and had more fun driving my own car with my son. At least we didn't have to hear the drivers cheesey stories. The thing that got me was a sign by the speakers requesting tips $10, $15 and $20, from each person or group. Are you kidding me? What a waste of my time. But the pizza place next door to this is great! I highly suggest it.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The tour just gave us a quick “snapshot” across homes of some celebrities - mostly from outside their locked gates. If you don't know the stars/movies, there is not much fun in it. But from another angle, if it is your first day in Hollywood and Beverly Hill, then this may be a good start for you to just know the places and plan your trip for the next few days.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our street experience was a little thin but for twenty bucks each what do you want. We came back at the right time for our tour. We had to wait an additional 25 minutes while the leader tried to fill the van. We did get to see some sites and the driver pointed out some facts. We were in an open van with no top. Our driver is talking through a headset and the speakers are loud. We are cruising around in Beaverly Hills and we get pulled over by a motor cycle cop. I felt like we were in the movie Beverly Hills Cop. The cop was nice as could be. He gave our driver a ticket for his PA system being excessively loud. He said 50 feet was the max allowed and he could clearly here us from 200 feet. The police man apologized twice for our delay. Our driver drove off with his PA still maxed out. We told him we could clearly hear him and he could turn it down if he wanted to. He did not. The loading of the bus and waiting was our biggest issue. We had an planned time and were forced to wait while the lead guy tried to catch other customers. The driver could have went a little slower as well. We had the same experience as other reviewers where we went to the Hollywood sign viewpoint then back for more people. I would pick a different tour if I do this again.