“Good quality food with a friendly sushi chef”
Review of Oomasa

Oomasa
Ranked #252 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Little Tokyo downtown LA
“Good quality food with a friendly sushi chef”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I came here as we were staying in the nearby Miyako hotel. We came into the restaurant at around 10pm, and boy, was it packed. We took a number and waited for ard 20mins for our table. We ordered a california handroll, a spider roll, a tempura+teriyaki chicken bento, and a tonkatsu with rice. The sushi chef was very friendly and immediately gave us hot disposable towels to freshen up. Very good service! The food was very fresh. Tonkatsu was very well done, and was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The california handroll was done in front of us and very fresh. The green tea ice cream served with the bento set was very good too. The chef was very attentive and told the waiter to refill our ocha when we have finished it. He also told the waiter to bring 2 spoons as he knew that we will only have one ice cream from the bento set and thus will be sharing the ice cream. The chef was also accomodating and even though the last order had closed for the night, when another 2 customers who were seated beside us requested for more sushi, he accomodated them and made the sushi per their request. I will definitely be back here when I visit LA again.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I was having an orgarsm”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Eating good.. no no great food is like having great s.., anyhow, my new friend toke me to this restaurant and it was incredible, clean, perfect, original, did I mentioned great and orgasmical, I will highly recommended that you visit this place, take a number and wait, try to seat on the bar... service is great and fast, little English, great Japanese, ohh remember is located in Japan town, well I just want to invite you to enjoy this heaven, be patience and enjoy this experience with someone. I forgot, the fresher fish ever.

Have fun!

• Visited May 2013
Chesapeake
“Excellent Sushi worth waiting for!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The restaurant is always full so you may have to wait in order to get a table but it is well worth the wait. Whenever I travel to LA, Oomasa is one of my stops. Sushi is excellent!

Visited April 2013
Berkeley, California
“Plenty to eat even if you don't like sushi”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had the tonkatsu and it was large piece, crispy and yet not greasy, delicious. My friend ordered sushi a la carte and I have to say, the Spanish mackerel nigiri was so beautiful it should have been a poem. I can't eat seafood so sometimes when I go out with friends who want sushi I wind up eating bowls of edamame but there's plenty to choose from that doesn't involve fish. If it's crowded go ahead and ask to sit at the sushi bar, you can order off the whole menu at the bar, not just sushi.

• Visited March 2013
Pasadena, California
“Crowded but worth the wait”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We meet our friends here on occasion - usually on a Friday or Saturday night. It does get crowded so expect a wait. We come here to get our fix of Japanese cuisine. I think their combinations are great. I normally order the tonakatsu/sashimi combination - the tonkatsu is crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Their sashimi is also pretty fresh. Included in their combinations are rice, salad, miso soup and ice cream. I guess I think their combinations are a pretty good value and food quality has always been very good.

• Visited February 2013