“I was having an orgarsm”
Review of Oomasa

Oomasa
Ranked #292 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Little Tokyo downtown LA
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Eating good.. no no great food is like having great s.., anyhow, my new friend toke me to this restaurant and it was incredible, clean, perfect, original, did I mentioned great and orgasmical, I will highly recommended that you visit this place, take a number and wait, try to seat on the bar... service is great and fast, little English, great Japanese, ohh remember is located in Japan town, well I just want to invite you to enjoy this heaven, be patience and enjoy this experience with someone. I forgot, the fresher fish ever.

Have fun!

There are newer reviews for Oomasa

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The restaurant is always full so you may have to wait in order to get a table but it is well worth the wait. Whenever I travel to LA, Oomasa is one of my stops. Sushi is excellent!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had the tonkatsu and it was large piece, crispy and yet not greasy, delicious. My friend ordered sushi a la carte and I have to say, the Spanish mackerel nigiri was so beautiful it should have been a poem. I can't eat seafood so sometimes when I go out with friends who want sushi I wind up eating bowls of edamame but there's plenty to choose from that doesn't involve fish. If it's crowded go ahead and ask to sit at the sushi bar, you can order off the whole menu at the bar, not just sushi.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We meet our friends here on occasion - usually on a Friday or Saturday night. It does get crowded so expect a wait. We come here to get our fix of Japanese cuisine. I think their combinations are great. I normally order the tonakatsu/sashimi combination - the tonkatsu is crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Their sashimi is also pretty fresh. Included in their combinations are rice, salad, miso soup and ice cream. I guess I think their combinations are a pretty good value and food quality has always been very good.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been going here every Saturday evening for years. We love the food, and the staff is the best. Yoshi, the manager, is a treat. The restaurant is small, so you have to come a little early on the weekend if you don't want to wait for a table. There are usually a few seats open at the sushi bar. If you have to wait for a table, don't forget to take a number from the peg just inside the door. While you wait you can cruise the plaza, There is live entertainment and many small boutiques. Close by are a couple of bakeries. One features fresh imagawa that you can watch being made through the front window; the other has a variety of breakfast pastries from which to choose. There is also a small Japanese grocery store with many items you will never find in an American store. It's just a wonderful place. After your meal,don't forget to exchange bows and thank yous on the way out--it's an enjoyable part of the ritual. Oomasa validates your parking for the lot that you enter from west side of Central between First and Second, so your parking is free if you don't stay more than two hours.