“Delightfully Deceptive Asian Cuisine”
Review of Noodle Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Noodle Star
Ranked #5,668 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I drove by this restaurant so many times, and thought I would go when I had a special occasion to celebrate because it looked fancy from the outside. Well, I finally went when I told a friend I'd like to take him out for his birthday; and he picked Noodle Star (he'd been there before). I was shocked when I walked in. It is not fancy at all. It has a totally chill vibe, including a couple of TV screens. They serve Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese food. Everything we had was delicious, and the portions are huge. I had food for lunch and dinner the next day. The service was friendly and efficient. They have Happy Hour which is a really great deal. Also, they have a card for frequent diners that gives you discounts on your next meal and makes Mondays Happy Hour all day.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My coworker and I are at Noodle Star at least once a week. The food is enormously cheap but it's very good for what you pay. And they have a surprisingly large, Pan Asian menu. The Noodle soups (both Pho and Ramen) are good, great Pad Thai, and excellent rice noodle dishes. I've slowly been going through the menu, but been slowed down because I recently become obsessed with the Pad Ka-Pow (stir fried chili and mint leaves with your choice of meat over white or brown rice, with a fried egg, FTW).

There's nothing spectacular about the place, but you get much more than you'll expect for the price. I signed up for their Rewards Card and go so often that it's actually saved me a good bit of money. The service is also great and I'm always in and out of there because they're super fast. As solid as they come.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Had a late Sunday lunch while on a recent trip here. This is located in Sherman Oaks, CA. Parking was surprisingly easy, but again, it was a Sunday. Good fried tofu, veggie lettuce cups, and edamame appetizers. Many vegetarian options. Full bar, too, which was a big plus.Very popular, but able to handle the crowd. Fun atmpsphere (for adults). Would return.