“Nice Place”
Review of San Antonio Winery

San Antonio Winery
Ranked #27 of 612 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: This wine shop in the heart of Los Angeles has been established as a Cultural Historical Landmark.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place was pretty decent. The free wine tasting was great and free tour very informative. After the first visit and horrible customer service, the manager did an ok job of remedying the situation after being alerted. The place was crowded when I went - both times! Seems to be very popular. There seems to be a large selection if various wines. The location may throw you off at first but once arriving, it's fairly nice inside and out. There's a restaurant attached but I did not visit. The wine tasting (3 samples) was a nice experience and the tour of the winery was cool. The tour guide was very informative. The food and snacks are expensive! A tiny cheese and cracker plate was about $7. Overall, a good place that I'd be willing to visit again.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"grilled salmon salad"
"wine making process"
in 2 reviews
"huge selection of wines"
"the rose bowl parade"
"olvera street"
"wineries"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

San Antonio Winery is a great day trip attraction for Los Angeles locals and visitors alike. It's a family run business over 100 years old, and though the location is in a somewhat seedy part of downtown L.A. (what isn't?) the place itself is classy and well-cared-for. You can get a complimentary tasting, but we went for the 'deluxe' tasting so we could try more of the wines. There is a huge upgrade in quality when you sample the ones which are grown (and bottled) in Paso Robles. Not only that, but they are an excellent value as well. Both the white and red were big hits with our group and we would definitely all go back again. After our tasting we had lunch right there, and though the ambiance is somewhat lacking, since the whole 'deli' setup is right in the huge building the tastings are in, the food was excellent and everyone was pleased with the quality and flavor. Overall, highly recommended!

1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were looking for the San Antonio Winery in downtown Los Angeles after having been to the wineries in the Santa Barbara area. We found ourselves in an unlikely spot for this - an industrial park. Only the murals of vines gave it away. When the door opened, the sight of lit barrels and a beautiful wine tasting room stunned us. Not only do they not charge for the wine but they offer a tour and have an extensive gift shop and restaurant as well. Everything was delicious and added to a perfect wine experience. Don't let the surroundings put you off. Once inside you will be carried away. And thee is free parking right across the street.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I always take my out of town guests here! It has been here forever, the people are nice, they comp you 3 wine tastings, and the restaurant is very good! I have never done the tour, we just sample & eat lunch & everyone has a Great time!