All reviews farmers market street parking european style hotel tar pits no elevator room was large west hollywood boutique hotel mini fridge free breakfast is comfortable beds rodeo drive wi fi clean hotel would definitely stay here again santa monica downtown la
Reviewed March 6, 2018

The rooms are dated, people smoke right outside the front door, the bathroom was not cleaned and the very small bottles of lotion & shampoo were not full. The soap was cheap and there was no conditioner. The shower Water lever leaked, resulting in poor water pressure. Shower curtain was brown on the bottom. The common areas are also old and dingy. The hotel smells old and it reeked of pot! There was no hair dryer in the room but we were given one when we asked.
The breakfast consisted of cold stale cereal, many sugar filled desserts, bagels, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, cottage cheese, and orange juice. They did not have decaf coffee.
The parking is awful and they don't tell you about moving your car for street sweeping!! The only real positive is that the location is convenient.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank GinaF51
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for bringing some of these items to my attention. I am glad that you enjoyed our perfect location as we are located in the heart of the city. In terms of the complimentary breakfast, as you stated we offer quite a variety of options. I am not sure why you felt the cereal is stale and that we do not have decaffeinated coffee as the cereal is replenished daily and decaffeinated coffee is available daily. I apologize if this information was not made available to you.
Regarding the rooms, all the carpets are furniture were replaced withing the last 12 months. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned daily. The entire hotel is a smoke free zone so people do go outside to smoke. I will address the other maintenance issues immediately. Once again, I thank you for your review and apologize if you were unsatisfied with your stay.

Aaron Tomas

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Great location! close to rodeo drive. Super clean and nice modern updated rooms. Continental breakfast included. Street parking. I would definetly stay here again! No elevators here , only stairs. I would definetly reccomend. Boutique hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad that you took advantage of our perfect location and our renovated rooms. Our complimentary breakfast which includes a variety of pastries, cold and hot cereals, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, coffee, orange juice and more. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Los Angeles.

Aaron Tomas

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for the second time in the summer in August 2017. For the weekend, this is a great place and is perfectly in the location where we want to be.

On weekdays, there is an issue with parking though. There is a 2-hour parking limit between 8 AM and 6 PM. This makes it so you cannot be at the hotel between 10 AM and 4 PM Monday-Friday. There is not even any pay parking available within a reasonable walk. And no parking permits are available to guests - I asked. Some spaces on some days must be vacated by 9 AM due to street cleaning. There were times when I had to park on the opposite side of the building due to lack of spaces.

The rooms are nice and immaculately clean, the lobby is nice, and so is the breakfast and dining area.

Next time, I'll spend the weekend here and weekdays elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2017

Whilst this hotel is very clean it is also old. The breakfast was basic but adequate.
However the location is ideal for catching the local buses on Wilshire Ave to Santa Monica and also to Farmers Market.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank gl0rians
Reviewed October 21, 2017

...with modern efficiency. Large rooms, comfortable beds, complimentary breakfast. Minutes away from The Grove, Rodeo Drive, Cedars-Sinai, restaurants and entertainment. Good value for boutique hotel. Staff were friendly, courteous and knowledge.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo