“The best value and the friendliest staff”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #121 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
NYC
“The best value and the friendliest staff”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I searched far and wide and could not find a reasonably priced hotel in LA with all of the amenities that The Wilshire Crest Hotel has to offer.

Here's why the Wilshire Crest Hotel works for me:

-large, clean rooms,
-comfortable lobby with free internet, computer, and outside relaxing areas
-the most central neighborhood, close to everything and a short walk to the famous Farmer's Market and The Grove
-free breakfast included
-free parking permit included
-great customer service from the staff
-an extremely reasonable price

Need I say more?
I love this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hebrew first
California
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I recently stayed there for one night for business purposes. I was deceived by their nicely constructed website and inviting pictures. In fact, I stayed in the same room that was shown on their website. It is by far the WORST place I've ever stayed in. It is absolutely false advertisement claiming it's an "European Style Boutique Hotel" . The place is old, smelly, dirty, and gross.

First of all, the room smelled as soon as I walked in. I killed a small cockroach in the bathroom. The towels and the bed sheets were not clean and had stains on them. I found 1 more small cockroach crawling on the bed. The furniture was old and dirty. Breakfast was pathetic with juice, coffee, rotting bananas and apples.

I believed I paid $140 for the room, which is a completely waste of money. I just don't want any more travelers be deceived by their nice website. I don't have anything against the hotel or the owner, but I just feel deceived by their claim and pictures on the website. DO NOT go to this hotel, you will regret it and want your money back!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank NolanCalifornia
dallas, texas
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My wife and I arrived after the continental breakfast had been served; however when we checked in, they put out the breakfast again!!! What a start. The staff was friendly and very attuned to our needs. The room was very spacious and well equipped (refrigerator, too).
Close to the Grove, Beverly Mall , Beverly Hills, and Cedar Sinai Hospital (which was the purpose of our trip). Cannot go wrong with this spot !!!! Highly recommended. Very homey feel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Location excellent, one block off of Wilshire on the ‘Miracle Mile’. Hotel was located in a residential neighborhood. This caused parking to be problematic. However, off street parking at bank’s parking lot across a busy street was available.

Within walking distance to LA County Museum of Art and La Brea Tar Pits. About 5 blocks south of the Farmer’s Market and The Grove shopping center.

This is an older hotel. Seems to have been an apartment building in it's former life. It is quaint and it does have an European feel; albeit a 2 star, 100 year old European hotel..
Floors were ‘squeaky’ & I could hear people in room above me walking.

Rooms were larger than the average hotel/motel. Room was clean and daily maid service excellent. Our bathroom seems to have been remodeled recently. Bright and clean. However, several spot lights in the room were out. Knob on the heater/AC unit was loose and the knob controlling the vent was missing.

Breakfast was true continental. Bagels, a few pastries, OJ and coffee. Not much compared the typical Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express fare. If you want a breakfast, walk 5 blocks to the Farmer’s Market for a REAL meal.

This is a great value hotel, given the area it is located. It is what it is advertised as –a good, clean hotel. You will get what you pay for, this is not a 4 star hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Marhot
New York City
Reviewed January 27, 2007

This hotel calls itself "a small elegant European style hotel" but, believe me, there's nothing elegant or European about it. It's pretty much the equivalent of a Holiday Inn Express (even the "free" continental breakfast is similar), only older, shabbier, and uglier. If all you care about is a clean bed, a hot shower, and a decent selection of cable TV channels, it will suit your purposes fine. At $112/night, some might consider it a good value, given its location. But I've gotten better values at other L.A. hotels (e.g. $60 at the MUCH nicer Hyatt West Hollywood) by booking through Priceline.
Wendy Perrin

Stayed January 2007
6 Thank WendyPerrin
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed July 28, 2006

I did not enjoy staying here. This was the first hotel I stayed at on a recent teen-tour trip to So. California and Hawaii. My room was on the second floor, and there was no elevator, so lugging by very heavy suitcase up the stairs was a real pain. The rooms are large, but old and smelly. The bathroom was tiny and plain. The shower was kind of gross. I mean, this hotel wasn't terrible, but it was just run down and clearly aimed at budget travellers.

The complimentary breakfast was absolutely dreadful. The bagels were soggy and the milk was not even cold, and the coffee had a foul taste to it.

If you are travelling on a budget, it satisfies basic needs, but for a vacation, LA has better hotels. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location--Right in Beverly Hills, close to good shopping
  • Disliked — Just about everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Unless you are on a budget, don't stay here. If you do stay here, eat breakfast somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2006
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Wiseguy1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2006

I was looking for a small friendly hotel. A place where I would feel comfortable and get a good night stay. I had heard good thiongs about The Wilshire Crest from my friend and decided to give it a shot. I would never go to another hotel in L.A. again. The rooms were very spacious, The clerks were more than friendly. I was able to get in and out of my room very quickly. One can not ask for a better location. I truely felt that the rate was underpriced for the service I got.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member