“You will NOT be disappointed.”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #124 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had no idea where to book in LA as we had never been. We were seeing games at Staples Center but wasn't thrilled to stay downtown. I stumbled on this hotel which had good reviews and a continental breakfast which always helps get the day started. I was thrilled with the location and the hotel. The neighbourhood is in a good area, close to Beverly Hills to the west and Hollywood to the north. It was 10 minute walk to the Farmers Market and Grove and it was close to a stop on the red line of the Hop On Hop Off. The rooms are basic but very clean. The breakfast was very well stocked with lots of options from hot and cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, cottage cheese and an assortment of baked goods. We used public transit to get downtown and back and its proximity to Wilshire Blvd provides lots of transit options. The staff were helpful and courteous.
I would DEFINITELY stay here again if in LA.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I had a very enjoyable stay --- the room was well appointed, and very reasonably priced. Great location - about 5 minutes from Farmers Market/Grove, 10 minutes from Graumanns, and 20 minutes from Burbank... nice area, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Although I am an LA resident, I got the chance to stay at the Wilshire Crest when a friend came into town last week. It's a pretty simple, affordable place in an otherwise expensive town. Beverly Hills adjacent, the hotel is convenient to LACMA, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was large. And even though it overlooked the street, the room was quiet night. The bathroom wasn't much to speak of, though, nor was the furniture. My friend and I decided it looks like a hotel/motel on a road stop somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

A free, included buffet breakfast had all the staples that one needs in the morning: coffee, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and more. And it was served until 10 AM. A little patio on the street out front is a nice place to eat, smoke, or watch the cars go by.

The worst thing is that the hotel does not come with parking. I had to put my car in the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot across the street with the instruction that it had to be moved before eight in the morning. The penalty for not moving it: the car would be towed. That's generally a dealbreaker for me; a hotel needs parking.

Stay here if you want a clean, simple place to rest your head but not a hotel experience to write home about.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came to LA for a wedding. We stayed here with rest of family. It was walkable to so many things. The morning breakfast was great. Lots of choices. Rooms were clean and quiet. Staff was always friendly and helpful. It was easy to find parking. It could not have been a better stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Tomasy35, Public Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We strive to make every guest feel important and comfortable. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of what the hotel has to offer. I look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Los Angeles.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is a great value for what you get. The rooms are clean and surprisingly spacious. We had a large bedroom with a small table and chairs. There was a second sink just outside the bathroom. We also had a fridge. The beds were quite comfortable. There is a very basic (and kosher) continental breakfast served every morning. The location is perfect for Cedars Sinai, Beverly Hills, and other locations around Los Angeles. Parking is on the street and you need to get a permit from the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for writing a nice review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you appreciated the large rooms we offer. As you mentioned, we also have a seperate sink outside of the bathroom. You also mention our location which is something most of our guests really apprecaite. We are in the center of L.A. close to so many entertainment and shopping venues. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Los Angeles.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was impressed by the staff who run this hotel. I arrived last November jet lagged to my eyeballs after a very long flight and I was checked into my room early and offered a buffet breakfast on arrival which I was so grateful for. This is a basic, good value hotel in close to LACMA and I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hi Guys -- Wasn't really sure what to expect with the Wilshire Crest. But we were pleasantly surprised. The pictures make the rooms look smaller than they are. The hotel and rooms are very clean and comfy. You really feel at home here. The bed and pillows were SOOOOO comfortable!

I did notice the recommendation to ask for a room in the back of the building versus the side where the street noise is. That was a HUGE help. The two sides of the building seem like night and day.

The guys who own/run the place are very kind and helpful. The pass for parking on the street was super helpful. We got there early enough to get a place right in front and didn't move our car for 2 days! Loved that we were within walking distance to so much. There is an amazing coffee shop down the block toward the busy intersection -- Coffee Roastery or something like that. Popular lunch spot as well.

If you happen to be vegetarian, you must high tail it over to Real Foods Daily on La Cienega where you will swoon with every bite. It's a little bit of a walk, but not bad. Good exercise. :)

Thanks, Wilshire Crest. If we are ever in the area again, we will absolutely stay here again -- highly recommend this hotel! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple