“Wilshire Crest - Great Stay”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #120 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Bradenton, Florida
“Wilshire Crest - Great Stay”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I had a very enjoyable stay --- the room was well appointed, and very reasonably priced. Great location - about 5 minutes from Farmers Market/Grove, 10 minutes from Graumanns, and 20 minutes from Burbank... nice area, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Although I am an LA resident, I got the chance to stay at the Wilshire Crest when a friend came into town last week. It's a pretty simple, affordable place in an otherwise expensive town. Beverly Hills adjacent, the hotel is convenient to LACMA, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was large. And even though it overlooked the street, the room was quiet night. The bathroom wasn't much to speak of, though, nor was the furniture. My friend and I decided it looks like a hotel/motel on a road stop somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

A free, included buffet breakfast had all the staples that one needs in the morning: coffee, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and more. And it was served until 10 AM. A little patio on the street out front is a nice place to eat, smoke, or watch the cars go by.

The worst thing is that the hotel does not come with parking. I had to put my car in the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot across the street with the instruction that it had to be moved before eight in the morning. The penalty for not moving it: the car would be towed. That's generally a dealbreaker for me; a hotel needs parking.

Stay here if you want a clean, simple place to rest your head but not a hotel experience to write home about.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came to LA for a wedding. We stayed here with rest of family. It was walkable to so many things. The morning breakfast was great. Lots of choices. Rooms were clean and quiet. Staff was always friendly and helpful. It was easy to find parking. It could not have been a better stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Tomasy35, Public Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We strive to make every guest feel important and comfortable. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of what the hotel has to offer. I look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Los Angeles.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is a great value for what you get. The rooms are clean and surprisingly spacious. We had a large bedroom with a small table and chairs. There was a second sink just outside the bathroom. We also had a fridge. The beds were quite comfortable. There is a very basic (and kosher) continental breakfast served every morning. The location is perfect for Cedars Sinai, Beverly Hills, and other locations around Los Angeles. Parking is on the street and you need to get a permit from the front desk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for writing a nice review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you appreciated the large rooms we offer. As you mentioned, we also have a seperate sink outside of the bathroom. You also mention our location which is something most of our guests really apprecaite. We are in the center of L.A. close to so many entertainment and shopping venues. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Los Angeles.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was impressed by the staff who run this hotel. I arrived last November jet lagged to my eyeballs after a very long flight and I was checked into my room early and offered a buffet breakfast on arrival which I was so grateful for. This is a basic, good value hotel in close to LACMA and I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reno
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hi Guys -- Wasn't really sure what to expect with the Wilshire Crest. But we were pleasantly surprised. The pictures make the rooms look smaller than they are. The hotel and rooms are very clean and comfy. You really feel at home here. The bed and pillows were SOOOOO comfortable!

I did notice the recommendation to ask for a room in the back of the building versus the side where the street noise is. That was a HUGE help. The two sides of the building seem like night and day.

The guys who own/run the place are very kind and helpful. The pass for parking on the street was super helpful. We got there early enough to get a place right in front and didn't move our car for 2 days! Loved that we were within walking distance to so much. There is an amazing coffee shop down the block toward the busy intersection -- Coffee Roastery or something like that. Popular lunch spot as well.

If you happen to be vegetarian, you must high tail it over to Real Foods Daily on La Cienega where you will swoon with every bite. It's a little bit of a walk, but not bad. Good exercise. :)

Thanks, Wilshire Crest. If we are ever in the area again, we will absolutely stay here again -- highly recommend this hotel! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GroovingOnTheBliss
Jerusalem
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business in Los Angeles. The reception was friendly and efficient. The rooms are large, particularly in consideration of the price. The bed is comfortable, and the bathroom is clean and roomy. As the area is a mix of residential and commerical, it is relatively quiet at night. Breakfast is complementary with plenty to eat. All in all, great value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room on the second floor.