“FUN FAMILY RIDE”

Griffith Park Horse Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the 54 miles of rustic trails in Griffiths Park on guided horseback rides. Sunset ride and barbecue packages are available from April through October.
Redondo Beach, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“FUN FAMILY RIDE”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was my very first time on a horse and I was a bit apprehensive about this but the owner, Julie and her staff of friendly horse professionals picked out the perfect horse for me. Before I knew it, I was riding along with the rest of the pack and our family enjoyed a truly beautiful outdoor day together riding thru the trails in Griffith Park. My husband and daughters are very good riders, they said the selection of horses was amazing. We had such a great time!!! This is a small family run horse rental business - you can tell they love and care for their horses and the other animals they have there - It's a very cute and quaint urban cowboy kind of place.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank MYMOMJANIE

Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bad Reviews and Great Reviews?”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place was wonderful. many others are saying it was terrible. Maybe the horses are a little unresponsive but in my experience the little kids got the nicest horses. one girl around 7 got a big horse. No one knew why but it was because it was the most calm and was in fact very slow. Adults and teens got the more rowdy horses because they should have the ability to handle them. the horses living conditions were fine. There were 7 year old volunteers helping at the stables.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Nick F
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible and unsafe”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had read reviews and ignored them. Big mistake. They were obviously overbooked and didn't care. There were over twenty in our group and there was no instruction and the horses were not manageable. They crowded together through the tunnels and were biting each other. It was completely unsafe. I was trying to keep my horse under control and the guide in the back kept swinging his whip and making noises for the horses to keep going. It was very stressful and no one could look around to enjoy any scenery, not that there was much.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Laurie N
Burbank, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Unsafe Poor Animal Conditions”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I can't believe the articles listed on July 30th. It was obvious that the mgt did not attend to the animals. When we arrived the horses were in holding stalls without any water. They took the horses from there and we rode an hour then they immediately were returned to the same stalls- again NO WATER! This is outrageous! The horses were agitated. Mine kicked another horse and two others were biting at each other. The took us out in a group of 15. Fifteen! way too many for a front guide and back guide. There were several in the group who had never ridden before. Although the staff were nice they were not helpful with regard to safety. Easily someone could have fallen off and gotten hurt. The group was so large we were four horses wide on the trail at times. It was stressful & the horses were not happy. I will never go back with my family.
Sufficient information is not covered and the group was way too large. Horses dying of thirst.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank E P
Burbank, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“awesome place”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

this place is the best ever! if u want to ride come here. everyone is so nice and friendly. if you are a good rider or a newbie they have every type of horse. this place is great for families with kids ( age 6+) who want to start riding the guides with help them out.

Visited August 2012