WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Choose somewhere else” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
Ranked #114 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Laval, Quebec, Canada
“Choose somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rooms were smelly, they smelled like cigarette and the carpet wasn't clean. I even took the shower with my flipflops.
Althought the price is cheap, it is not a great location. You can find much better.
The neighborhood is not safe and you cannot be walking alone at night by yourself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.we strive on a daily basis to provide the best service to all of our valuable guests.
Hopefully you give us the chance to serve you again in the near future.Please feel free to make future reservations directly to 213-413-8222 for the best rate guaranteed.
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future.
Magaly Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The rooms overlooking the streets are rather noisy and the black out curtain do not offer a black out. There are no other curtains, so it was rather inconvenient, as we could be seen. Our room was big and the bed comfortable. The breakfast finishes at 9:30, which we found a bit too early and there are very few tables, so there were queus. It was ok but i would think twice to go again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear guest:
Let me thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles near Hollywood.We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests the best customer service, any comments or suggestions we take it in a constructive manner.
Hopefully you choose our Comfort Inn as your destination hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222 and our best rate guarantee.
Thank you again for your business.
Sincerely.
Flagstaff, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our checking in was a little difficult only due to a lost Priceline reservation. The girl working the front desk was very patient and gave us the same room, and for a better price. The king size bed was very comfortable with clean sheets and many pillows. Overall the room seemed pretty clean although the remnants of a bar of soap were left in the shower and no one emptied the old coffee filter from the coffee maker. I saw below someone said the hairdryer didn't work. I had the same problem. Free parking in a secure garage was a plus. Good deal for the location and all that's included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily S
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for your time to let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.It is truly rewarding to hear nice comments from our guests.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in October. Free parking and wifi is a bonus. Breakfasts were good, lot of choice including waffles, bacon & eggs. I got the impression there wasn't much around the hotel which was on a main road. We were woken at 6am by people talking in the next room so the walls must be pretty thin. There was noise in the corridors during the night too, but nothing you can do about that. Apparently there are still smoking areas in the hotel which is weird. I didn't realise this was still legal.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your time to write this review and give us some feedback on how your stay was at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. I always recommend all of our guests to request a room away from the streets for a quiet area, be sure that if we have a room available away from the streets we will not hesitate to meet our guests request.On the other hand, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast.
Please feel free to contact us for future reservations directly 213-413-8222 and do not forget to request a quiet room.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you're looking for friendly helpful staff, please save your time and money and stay somewhere else. We booked this hotel months in advance as we were coming from Australia. I requested we have two rooms and apparently a 3rd was booked by mistake of the online booking agency (even though I had called to make sure only two rooms were booked). I was treated so rudely when I told the manager on duty I had only booked 2 rooms and he advised me that he would charge me for the 3rd room because we were classed as a no show. The manager on duty would talk over me and tell me I was wrong and the worst person in the world for the mistake. After worrying and being stuffed around for days I was told we wouldn't be charged but yet my card was still charged and the charge was not reversed as I was told it would be.
I was not allowed to speak to the hotel manager although I requested to twice.
As for the hotel, the room is ok. The bathrooms need to be updated as there was holes in the ceiling and the hair dryer did not work.
The position of the hotel is close to Hollywood boulevard but everything else is a good taxi ride away.
If the staff hadn't have ruined our experience I probably would have recommended it for a mid-budget stay. But don't expect much in that department.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emmamah90
Dear Guest:
I am really sorry to hear the miscommunication problem between my staff member and yourself. This is the first time I hear of this issue, I truly apologize in behalf of our staff members and will like to compensate somehow the bad experience you had with your reservations.
Please let me offer you a 15% discount on a future stay in our hotel, it will also give us the opportunity to change your view of our customer service, wich we strive on a daily basis to provide each and everyone of you our valuable guests,with the best customer service possible.
My name is Magaly Moran and I am the general manager for this Comfort Inn, feel free to ask for me and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay at our Comfort Inn Los Angeles
Feel free to contact us for a reservation 213-413-8222.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel to do something different, shop, beach, shop and did i mention shop?? Anyways the hotel looks pretty sketchy at first but once you step inside it is really clean and tidy. Check in was fast, great breakfast and great customer service. Will not say any names but in the morning around 6.am or so we were trying to get directions to the beach and a great young gentlemen working the front desk was very helpful. I believe is name started with an E not to sure anyways, made it possible for us to see all the popular attraction to see while are stay in Los Angeles. Great service by all front desk and staff. Check out was a breeze, everything was correct, no flaws, room service everyday. like i said. NO FLAWS at all! I will see you soon and next time I shall bring my kids with us. Thank You Comfort inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria E
Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service possible. It is truly rewarding to hear such great reviews after staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.
Please feel free to call us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future again
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Worst place I have ever stayed at!! Okay, my boyfriend and I have stayed here a few times prior and didn't have a terrible experience (definitely not the greatest though), but this past time ensures that we will NEVER stay here again.
First of all, the king bed we slept on was the most uncomfortable bed. It had stiff sheets, a scratchy blanket, and tiny pillows which were unsatisfying. Secondly, the room was arranged so awkwardly. Everything seemed to open the wrong way (the refrigerator door, the bathroom door, etc) so you couldn't even maneuver in the room properly.
Last, and most importantly.... PLEASE CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR DOOR!!
California State law requires all hotels/motels/inns to post a card on a "conspicuous" place which lists the rate or range of rates by the day for lodging. (Check out CA Civil Code Section 1863 for the info.) Well, the rates listed were anywhere from $65-$105. I was charged $140 per night. According to the law, for any violation they shall pay $100 or three times the amount of the sum charged in excess, whichever is greater. When it came time to check out, I mentioned this to the front desk agent. Mind you, I was being polite and not looking for an argument just looking for my refund that I was due. However, the front desk guy was very argumentative and kept mentioning that I was incorrect; it was based on "supply and demand". Look, I know what supply and demand is, and I know I was staying on Labor Day weekend. However, the issue is that I was charged in excess of what the maximum amount was listed, regardless of the fact that it was Labor Day weekend. We argued back and forth for a while, which ended up with us leaving without our refund.
I have continuously called the hotel requesting to speak to the manager. Every time, the manager is not there, even though I have called back when the front desk agent has said the manager would be there. I have also sent an email with no reply.
I'm sure the management is too lazy to update the cards that are on the backs of the room doors, so perhaps you too are being charged in excess. Good luck in getting your entitled refund though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ashlyn60750
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest:
First let me thank you for the your time and business......I do understand that we do have the rates in the rooms but it excludes event dates. I am really sorry you felt you were being charged more, upon check in you were asked to sign the registration card which explains the rate before entering the room, looking at your registration card, you initial agreeing to our event rate.
Sorry for the confusion but hopefully we do get your business again in the near future.