Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
Loews Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)
$249
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $337/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$330
$289
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$147
$125
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$163
$242
$229
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$349
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $571/night.

All reviewssilver lakefree parkingsunset boulevardsafe parkingwaffle makermake your own wafflesflat screen tvfree breakfastnice breakfastwould stay againthe staff was friendly and helpfulgriffith observatorysanta monicaconvenient locationdowntown laneighborhoodmicrowave
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you're looking for friendly helpful staff, please save your time and money and stay somewhere else. We booked this hotel months in advance as we were coming from Australia. I requested we have two rooms and apparently a 3rd was booked by mistake of the online booking agency (even though I had called to make sure only two rooms were booked). I was treated so rudely when I told the manager on duty I had only booked 2 rooms and he advised me that he would charge me for the 3rd room because we were classed as a no show. The manager on duty would talk over me and tell me I was wrong and the worst person in the world for the mistake. After worrying and being stuffed around for days I was told we wouldn't be charged but yet my card was still charged and the charge was not reversed as I was told it would be.
I was not allowed to speak to the hotel manager although I requested to twice.
As for the hotel, the room is ok. The bathrooms need to be updated as there was holes in the ceiling and the hair dryer did not work.
The position of the hotel is close to Hollywood boulevard but everything else is a good taxi ride away.
If the staff hadn't have ruined our experience I probably would have recommended it for a mid-budget stay. But don't expect much in that department.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Emmamah90
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest:
I am really sorry to hear the miscommunication problem between my staff member and yourself. This is the first time I hear of this issue, I truly apologize in behalf of our staff members and will like to compensate somehow the bad experience you had with your reservations.
Please let me offer you a 15% discount on a future stay in our hotel, it will also give us the opportunity to change your view of our customer service, wich we strive on a daily basis to provide each and everyone of you our valuable guests,with the best customer service possible.
My name is Magaly Moran and I am the general manager for this Comfort Inn, feel free to ask for me and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay at our Comfort Inn Los Angeles
Feel free to contact us for a reservation 213-413-8222.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel to do something different, shop, beach, shop and did i mention shop?? Anyways the hotel looks pretty sketchy at first but once you step inside it is really clean and tidy. Check in was fast, great breakfast and great customer service. Will not say any names but in the morning around 6.am or so we were trying to get directions to the beach and a great young gentlemen working the front desk was very helpful. I believe is name started with an E not to sure anyways, made it possible for us to see all the popular attraction to see while are stay in Los Angeles. Great service by all front desk and staff. Check out was a breeze, everything was correct, no flaws, room service everyday. like i said. NO FLAWS at all! I will see you soon and next time I shall bring my kids with us. Thank You Comfort inn!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria E

Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service possible. It is truly rewarding to hear such great reviews after staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.
Please feel free to call us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future again
Sincerely

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Worst place I have ever stayed at!! Okay, my boyfriend and I have stayed here a few times prior and didn't have a terrible experience (definitely not the greatest though), but this past time ensures that we will NEVER stay here again.
First of all, the king bed we slept on was the most uncomfortable bed. It had stiff sheets, a scratchy blanket, and tiny pillows which were unsatisfying. Secondly, the room was arranged so awkwardly. Everything seemed to open the wrong way (the refrigerator door, the bathroom door, etc) so you couldn't even maneuver in the room properly.
Last, and most importantly.... PLEASE CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR DOOR!!
California State law requires all hotels/motels/inns to post a card on a "conspicuous" place which lists the rate or range of rates by the day for lodging. (Check out CA Civil Code Section 1863 for the info.) Well, the rates listed were anywhere from $65-$105. I was charged $140 per night. According to the law, for any violation they shall pay $100 or three times the amount of the sum charged in excess, whichever is greater. When it came time to check out, I mentioned this to the front desk agent. Mind you, I was being polite and not looking for an argument just looking for my refund that I was due. However, the front desk guy was very argumentative and kept mentioning that I was incorrect; it was based on "supply and demand". Look, I know what supply and demand is, and I know I was staying on Labor Day weekend. However, the issue is that I was charged in excess of what the maximum amount was listed, regardless of the fact that it was Labor Day weekend. We argued back and forth for a while, which ended up with us leaving without our refund.
I have continuously called the hotel requesting to speak to the manager. Every time, the manager is not there, even though I have called back when the front desk agent has said the manager would be there. I have also sent an email with no reply.
I'm sure the management is too lazy to update the cards that are on the backs of the room doors, so perhaps you too are being charged in excess. Good luck in getting your entitled refund though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ashlyn60750
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear guest:
First let me thank you for the your time and business......I do understand that we do have the rates in the rooms but it excludes event dates. I am really sorry you felt you were being charged more, upon check in you were asked to sign the registration card which explains the rate before entering the room, looking at your registration card, you initial agreeing to our event rate.
Sorry for the confusion but hopefully we do get your business again in the near future.
Sincerely

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Booked the hotel due to the proximity to Dodger Stadium, which was a HUGE mistake - bad area, no decent restaurants anywhere to be found! Promised free Internet, but it didn't work one night; beds were hard and uncomfortable; not child-friendly; room was not ready upon designated check-in time and hotel was very warm in hallways like A/C was not on to save money! Having to change room keys every day was very annoying - just a totally unpleasant experience! Stay downtown of you can, avoid this hotel/area!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cdk104
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience was at the Comfort Inn, we are centrally located, minutes away from Hollywood/Downtown LA. There are a few restaurants within walking distance but mostly all the activity is minutes away by car.
We hope to have you stay with us on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Clean, modern rooms. Good choice at breakfast. Friendly helpful staff. The hotel is located a few minutes walk from Hollywood Boulevard and the Chinese theatre. It's also an easy drive to Universal Studios. The receptionist very kindly gave us money off vouchers. The car park can be tight. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amdev
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. We work really hard on a daily basis to make sure we provide the best customer service to all of our valuable guests.
Hopefully you choose us as your destination hotel next time you visit Los Angeles. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly for future reservations and our best rate guarantee 213-413-8222.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again soon.
Sincerely;