“Beautiful but a little confusing”

Hollywood Forever Cemetery
Ranked #43 of 553 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Final resting-place of some of Hollywood's celebrities and other luminaries.
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

The grounds are beautiful. Peacocks strolling about the property are beautiful. It's just too large to take in if you only want to be there an hour or two. Spend the $5 on the map, it does help but I still had trouble finding people.

4  Thank Mel B
"fascinating place"
in 3 reviews
"for sale"

Reviewed December 4, 2014

Whilst my wife and I are huge Ramones fans and always visit the resting places of Johnny and Dee Dee, I would stress that the cemetry offers hot sunshine and cool stone, reverence and respect ... always a place for reflection and prayer, not a 'tourist attraction'

3  Thank RichS67
Reviewed November 30, 2014

This is a beautiful cemetery that pays respectful homage to the dead. It's also the final home to many old Hollywood stars. As someone from the Midwest, I was expecting something a bit different, a bit more like the rural cemeteries of the Midwest and other areas of the country. But I should have known it would be it's own place. It's flat, filled with palm trees and located on land that used to be part of Paramount Studios. Hollywood Forever was on my bucket list. I've been there once and can't wait to get back.

2  Thank Minda P
Reviewed November 13, 2014

We had a brief visit here on our trip to Los Angeles. The office was very helpful when I enquired about how to find a grave - was it a relative or a famous person? I was given a map and found my relatives with no problem. Beautifully kept grounds with tall palm trees. We were able to drive right in and up to the section where the graves were, the grass surrounds well kept. Unfortunately we did not have time to visit the graves of any of the stars, but it was wonderful finding my mother's uncle, wife, and their only child's graves.

1  Thank Margo37