“The best mole menu anywhere”

Rocio's Mole De Los Dioses
Ranked #3,406 of 10,090 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (818) 252-6415
Gainesville, Virginia
“The best mole menu anywhere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visiting relatives in southern california who told us we had to try this incredible restaurant that specializes in moles. Boy were they right. Rocios has the most extensive set of mole options I have ever seen in any restaurant, is definitely worth a visit. They make their own cactus tortillas and chips which were out of this world.

• Visited July 2013

Venice, California
“If you love mole, you gotta make the trip here”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had to mapquest how to get here - who goes to Sunland? - but if you love mole, it is definitely worth the trip. The Oaxaqueno mole is excellent but even better is the fact that Rocio invents many interesting non-traditional moles such as pistachio and tequila. I had the mancha-manteles and it was excellent: nuanced flavor and a perfect level of spiciness. The service was good, the draft beers were great -- oh, and the nopal salad was also fabulous. Having just returned from a visit to Oaxaca, I have to say that this was better than any mole I ate there.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best mole in town”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent restaurant, the mole is the best I've had. Service is superb, outside seating is preferable. A most try!

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“great food in a small place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was here yesterday; 4.8.13 with my family. there were six of us, a big group for such a small place but we were quickly accommodated. I had the cactus water with pineapple juice. it is so good. my sister had the horchata water which comes with pumpkin seeds. also very delicious. I ordered the chicken enmolada. it was the best mole I have ever tasted, layered over two chicken enchiladas. the taste is excellent. Mole is a dish that comes from Aztec cuisine and it truly tastes like mole of the gods as their restaurant name proclaims. my wife had the fish tacos. which were also quite good - I had a taste. finding the restaurant might be the trickiest part of going to Rocio's mole de los dioses as it is hidden away in an industrial area in the city of Bell. yes that city of Bell.

• Visited April 2013
Denton, Texas
“Amazing Moles! Don't Miss It If You Like Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We snagged this place near the Burbank airport from Trip Advisor and what a find it was! Located in a strip mall in a pleasant but unpretentious location, the restaurant astounded us with the superb moles (Mexican sauces) -- about 20 different kinds prepared by the owner-chef Rocio, who is a magician! We tried a total of about 5 different ones between appetizers and entrees. The Mancha Manteles and Oaxaquena were fabulously flavorful, and all the others delicious. The menu is pretty simple, with a few proteins and veggie main courses to be combined with the moles. Rocio's serves nopal (cactus fruit) corn tortillas made in house which are bright green and very good. Wow!

Visited January 2013