All reviews venice beach santa monica would stay again starbucks microwave
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The Encore Motel is a great room for the price. The room was clean and large, however; the bathroom could you a little remodeling. The room is very close to restaurants, and only a 2 minute drive to Venice Beach. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2018

This was our last night in the US having travelled from Chicago. It was near to where I was dropping off my rental vehicle but with it being so near to the marina & Santa Monica I had high hopes. Our first impression was that it was a bit run down in a not so nice area but we were willing to give it a chance. The room was adequate, of a reasonable size & fairly clean. There is also a small kitchenette if needed. There was a problem with the WiFi but when raised with the duty manager explained that it was broken but was being repaired that day. True to his word it was up & running within an hour or so. The area appears to be quite commercial & on a very busy road. We had hoped to go for a short walk to a nice restaurant for our last meal but we didn't feel comfortable / safe to do that. Fortunately there was an 'IN 'N OUT' burger place directly across the road together with a Starbucks for breakfast. We took the opportunity to have a quiet night in with a burger instead of going out with a meal.
The motel was adequate for a simple overnight stopover & the staff that I spoke to were all nice people but it is NOT somewhere I would stay again. To add salt into the wounds I also booked a bit in advance & obviously paid over the odds. All in all a disappointing end to our road trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Upon arrival and having paid for two adults, management advised no guests were allowed and were very rude with their verbiage. Using the sons as my transportation and having them come to the room to get me was like walking past a warden. This is after explaining that they would arrive daily to pick me up and would be there minimal amount of time.
Now, as far as the room, the kitchenette was cozy, but carpet and floor dirty and sticky.

Room Tip: Nothing was outstanding.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank fishbat2017
Reviewed July 21, 2017

This was a great place to stay. Bed was very comfortable, lots of plush firm pillows, nice décor, clean and fresh bathrooms. Very convenient walk from parking area and into your room. Location is very convenient to everything in the Venice area, such as fast food, restaurants, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Malibu, and freeway access to everyplace. Refrig, microwave, large television. Strong Wi-Fi connection. Very good value. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Really easy to park, close proximity to the airport and a quick drive to Venice beach. Very friendly staff, had no issues at all, very clean and wifi worked great. Starbucks across the road, few minutes drive to Gold's gym

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends